2014 March Coop Challenge

We tried to finish by the end of March but with all the rainy weather we've had and my hubby working out of town a few weeks it just didn't get completely finished. Here is what we have so far on our mini coop;

We need to cut the piece of tin over the run that is too long, put up the hardware cloth and door to secure the run. For the coop we need to add the roost. Nest boxes will come later, our chicks are only 6 weeks old. Hope to eventually add some rubber wheels to make it mobile. I will post updates when it is finally finished.

setting the floor
putting up the sides
frame work up
Getting the skin on
tin and roof on with run
roost
nesting boxes
happy chickens

My husband with assistance built this without any building experience. He built this from pictures I found on BYC. Size is 10x12.

WOW !! That is some really nice coops!!!! I rednecked mine. Lol all material was free except for the netting on top. So I got $30 in it, but it's a fortress against predators!! Don't think I'll win but it's my little heaven
big_smile.png

I voted for this coop good job, love all your land and the redneck ingenuity, its great you did not give your money away.

By the way I just joined Backyard chickens. I am in on this coop challenge I just started getting pallets Saturday found some great ones with plywood. I asked for them they said yeah h and they all the same size, so I don't have to cut much. WOW am I lucky got a pallet with 10' 2x4's. Will have picks soon bet I can make in 2 weeks.

Thanks Bye, Bobcatdan; Killing bobcats to keep chickens alive, coming to a town near you.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom