2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are adorable!!! I love my mix of small and large dogs. I seem to need both sizes! Yes, looks like we love our dogs here. And so many of us probably depend on them for help with protecting our feathered family. Or help with holding our couches down....
Thank you. Me too
smile.png
It's funny how sometimes the little ones think they are the big dog and when a big dog thinks it can sit in your lap, lol.

Short note since my son took over my tablet and I'm on my phone. @CaseyV or anyone else with experience. This little lavender split Ameraucana has the wing feathers starting. Does feather wing sexing work on this breed? iIiIiIi

Short note since my son took over my tablet and I'm on my phone. @CaseyV or anyone else with experience. This little lavender split Ameraucana has the wing feathers starting. Does feather wing sexing work on this breed? iIiIiIi

I believe the only way to sex an ameracauna is vent.

@tao chick

We have matching chicks, I hatched 2 lavs and a split on the 22nd :)

Last edited:
Feather sexing is a type of sex link crossing--it works with crossing breeds. It will not work for within a breed.

Check out the sexlink thread for more information. The first post has information about it.

See, you cross the breed on the left with the breed on the right: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/261208/sex-linked-information

13371_sexfaether.jpg

So a leghorn male crossed with an orpington female and then you can feather sex.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom