2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Sally Sunshine, Sep 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    EVERYONE is Welcome!
    Hatchers, friends dropping in to chat, anyone willing to help new hatchers! Anyone actively participating in the thread will be able to join the contests!

(Lower 48 for winnings only unless there GFMs or donations in your Country) VOID where prohibited!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

NOTICE: DUE TO SO MANY Trying to enter contest not participating on the thread, but trying to join at last minute, we now close the contests to CURRENT PARTICIPANTS AS OF 10/29/2015 12pm eastern time.

CONTEST WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED:

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 7th, 2015

FACE PAINTING CONTEST ~ HALLOWEEN HAL 2015 CONTEST #1 WINNERS @bantambury @tao chick @chicapee https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1023044/face-painting-contest-halloween-hal-2015-contest-1

HALLOWEGG Decorating CONTEST ~ HALLOWEEN HAL 2015 CONTEST #2 WINNER = @Saris https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1023702/hallowegg-decorating-contest-halloween-hal-2015-contest-2

HALLOWEEN FOWL COSTUME CONTEST ~HALLOWEEN HAL 2015 CONTEST #3 @bantambury @chickendreams24 https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-costume-contest-halloween-hal-2015-contest-3

PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST ~ HALLOWEEN HAL 2015 CONTEST #4 WINNERS @littlenessie

@Pyxis https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1032065/pumpkin-carving-contest-halloween-hal-2015-contest-4

HALLOWEEN RECIPE CONTEST ~ HALLOWEEN HAL 2015 CONTEST #5 WINNERS @littlenessie

& @Peep-Chicken https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1033430/halloween-recipe-contest-halloween-hal-2015-contest-5

HALLOWEEN COOP RUN DECORATING CONTEST ~ HALLOWEEN HAL 2015 CONTEST #6 WINNER = @Saris https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...corating-contest-halloween-hal-2015-contest-6

[​IMG]
    Places to look for eggs…

BYC Buy ~ Sell ~ Trade Section:
    CLICK: Chicken Hatching Eggs

JUST IN TIME HATCHING EGG AUCTION:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/754077/just-in-time-hatching-egg-auction-and-bin-thread/2100_50

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ALL BYC RULES APPLY

Places to look for HELP…​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hatching Eggs 101

[​IMG]

How To Incubate & Hatch Eggs
    [​IMG]

The "Dry Incubation" Method

[​IMG]

Incubation Cheat Sheet
    [​IMG]

Homemade Incubators

[​IMG]
    Homemade Brooders
    [​IMG]

How to Make a Homemade Egg Candler

[​IMG]

Candling Pics
    [​IMG]

Diagnosing incubation problems [​IMG] Diagnosing hatch failures - It starts with the egg
    [​IMG]

Pictures & Videos of Candling Chicken Eggs

[​IMG]

Pictures of a Chick Hatching
    [​IMG]

How To Raise Baby Chicks

[​IMG]

Raising Your Baby Chicks
    [​IMG]

Broody Hens versus Incubators

[​IMG]

How To Socialize Baby Chickens
    [​IMG]
    How To Raise a Chicken As a Family Pet

[​IMG]

Is My Chicken a Pullet or Cockerel?
    [​IMG]
    The All New: How to Train Your Chicken!

[​IMG]
    How To Wrap, Pack, & Ship Eggs
    [​IMG]
    Broody Hens

[​IMG]

Brooding Chicks and Ducklings Together
    [​IMG]
    Letting Broody Hens Hatch & Raise Chicks

[​IMG]

NPIP Certification
    [​IMG]
    Encouraging or Discouraging Broodiness

[​IMG]
    Incubation Chart for Different Fowl Species
    [​IMG]
    Incubating & Hatching Eggs Forum

[​IMG]
    Raising Baby Chicks Forum
    [​IMG]

Causes of malpositions & deformities in chicks

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  2. mixedUPturk

mixedUPturk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2015
    Zachary, LA
    Hey Sally! I will be first to say Hi and im setting right now, due on the 25th! im gonna have to join you and set again after hatch!

[​IMG]

I will add new pics tonight, this is a day 10 (?? I cant remmember what day it was!) candling pic, currently we are at day 18 with Pekin duck eggs :D

Edited for my bad memory :-/

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    YAY!!!! WELCOME!! what an awesome candle image! little quacker is growing fantastic!!

4. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Not sure what I will set, Kiddo wants some show girl silkies or some sort of naked necks so I may buy some eggs instead of hatching our own breeds.

5. mixedUPturk

mixedUPturk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2015
    Zachary, LA

Were in the same boat!

:) i have no idea what i will set either lol! These duckys are a mix from an Uncle and i dont want to encourage him any furthure because he already keeps too many drakes with his flock :(

I am finally getting my own chicken eggs, but they arent any project just alot of different mix breeds :confused: idk!

6. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I am sure we will figure something out by then!

If you run into any of the ones kiddo wants let me know please!

Do you have any specific breed interests?

7. firedragon1982

firedragon1982 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2015
    Sweet! we should be ready for hatching eggs by Oct 10th. Our incubator arrives this weekend, so we can play with the settings on it. Don't know where we'll be getting eggs from, because where I wanted to order they are going thru their molt... So... May wind up being Ebay specials. Wanted to get some Ameraucaunas and Wellsummers. We'll see, emailing another breeder that ships eggs to see how their Wellies are doing LOL!

8. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Sally, I love that you added so many awesome links, above! A few of them I haven't read before, so off to do my homework. I have to contact the byc member that I want to buy eggs from and arrange to have them by the 10th! This should be fun!

1 person likes this.
  9. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    For some reason naked necks seem perfect for a Halloween hatch.

10. Peep-Chicken

Peep-Chicken Overrun With Chickens

Jun 10, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop
    Oh my! This seems like a lot of fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by