2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WAIT, Do you mean the pip is on the underside of the egg where you can't see it? OR do you mean it's closer to the pointy end of the egg?

Well it was a false alarm... It was just the x I had to make sure the egg was turning properly. I do know the chick is still alive because it is cheeping a lot. It is day 21 now. Mabey this little guy wants to hang in for Halloween. I hope he doesn't hatch tommorow, but i also do. I have classes all day tomorrow. From 8-2 so that will be a while. But someone will be home so that's nice

I wouldn't without proof...we are very sandy and their coops are clean....should I just watch her and make sure no others start this too? Going to keep the Apple cv in the water but I stopped using DE after some other warnings about respiratory etc.
I separate them from the flock and put them into a cage in the garage. I treat them there if needed but mostly give them good feed and quiet. Sometimes they recover and sometimes they do not.

I hope yours recovers!

I separate them from the flock and put them into a cage in the garage. I treat them there if needed but mostly give them good feed and quiet. Sometimes they recover and sometimes they do not.

I hope yours recovers!

Thank you! Will tuck her in:) it did work with my egg bounded BR\ lots of calcium..coconut oil and electrlyes all by herself ...she's all pretty and happy again

lol I have 15, 3 week olds 20,1 day olds and I'm going to set 30 more most likely but then I'm done dang it oh who am I kidding

Lol!!!!! I sold all but two of my very first hatch...then ateppibf stones from 2 months down to a had over a week.....there's a full bator ready to lockdown the 31st addictions....at least theyre selling or hubs would have started getting a bit impatient. 18 to new homes so will keep putting the eggs in....I only keep the ones that run up to me......hahaha!!! Wow never would have thought it would come to this...hang in there and we'll see how many we have at the end of the year:D

Congrats on the pips, chirping sounds, and hatches! I have some going into lock down come Sat. I think I will go ahead and put them in my other bator tonight down on their sides from the turner. Then, will candle and see how things are looking. The air cells looked better than before when I took a few out last week..was thinking thinking they weren't big enough, but they are better.

Here are a few photos of the little cuties I just hatched.

So I could not wait to candle, 2 more dead. The other 3 no movement, but not detached, and there are veins. Still viable?

I'm not an expert... But I would keep all but clears, dead, and blood rings. If they start ozzing get rid of them immediately.

I'm not an expert... But I would keep all but clears, dead, and blood rings. If they start ozzing get rid of them immediately.

I did get rid of the dead ones. Concerned about the ones left not hatching and having a very lonely chick.

@TJChickens, anyway you might have eggs I could buy?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom