2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know @Saris
NOW you have to tell us how you got so good with an air brush!!

The talent is my lovely friend/mother-in-law, the eggs I'm hatching are from my flock but they're her chicks once they hatch. So we entered together, I came up with the ideas and she executed them, thought I did work on the monster cracked one. Once my youngest is in kindergarten she is supposed to start teaching me so I can help her in her shop. I'm excited for that.

Last edited:
Oh and I didn't have any pets when people were sharing earlier, I still kinda don't, but I do have some fosters now. I'll have these three little dolls for 2 weeks.

I learned a valuable lesson this hatch: my incubator is 5 degrees off. I tested it before and it was closer, but this hatch, I re checked and was disappointed. I got 2 out of 30 Quail eggs to hatch (1 of which was 3 days past the hatch date). All the eggs are still in there (I incubate up to 24 hours after the last one hatches... And the last one hatched early this morning)

I learned a valuable lesson this hatch: my incubator is 5 degrees off. I tested it before and it was closer, but this hatch, I re checked and was disappointed. I got 2 out of 30 Quail eggs to hatch (1 of which was 3 days past the hatch date). All the eggs are still in there (I incubate up to 24 hours after the last one hatches... And the last one hatched early this morning)

Yay for the 2 you got. That really sucks about the discrepancies of the temp.

Yay for the 2 you got. That really sucks about the discrepancies of the temp.
Thank you. I am a beginner and still learning. But as long as I get 1 out of each hatch and learn something, I think of it as a partial success and consider myself blessed.

Thank you. I am a beginner and still learning. But as long as I get 1 out of each hatch and learn something, I think of it as a partial success and consider myself blessed.

I'm new too, @Sally Sunshine and @ronott1 have been really helpful with mentoring me on my hatch. So have many others. My advice would be (if you aren't already ) use multiple calibrated thermometers to figure out your bator's temp.

Hey all sorry I wasn't on last night spent all day yesterday miserable with a kidney infection and was in the emergency room last night until 3:30 am. Unfortunately I missed out on doing most of the other contests because of it but I'm just grateful that I'm going to feel better.

Everyone congrats on all the new chickie poos! So happy for everyone that got good numbers and I feel for everyone that didn't my last 24 eggs were a flat out flop in September (I think it was) so I understand. Good luck all those still hatching!!!

I'm new too, @Sally Sunshine and @ronott1 have been really helpful with mentoring me on my hatch. So have many others. My advice would be (if you aren't already ) use multiple calibrated thermometers to figure out your bator's temp.

I typically have 3-4 thermometers in there and at least 2 hygrometers. But I was starting to get used to all the thermometers being withing .2 degrees of each other when there was forced air. So when my fan came in (specifically for my incubator, not jerry-rigged), I didn't think I'd need multiple... silly me, right?
Lesson learned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom