2015 New York Chickenstock

I will tentatively put you down
smile.png
I just need at least five weeks' notice on the ducks and four weeks' notice on the legbars, for hatching and egg collecting.

Would anyone be interested in me embedding a document in my post up there on the first page with a list of what we can all bring? I know last year it was a nightmare because after a time you can't edit your post and no one could go back and say what they had and whatnot and the only way to find what was for sale was to go back through the whole thread. If we did a document, it would all be right there on the front page, second post, for all to see.
Well now I've driven 5 hours one way to for chickens so your place would be easy. No I take that back. I drove down to PA for Orp chicks. Anyhow, my motto is "the way to a friends house is never long".

Nutty - since you want hatching eggs and not peeps - If my girls are going strong - I should have a full dozen for you if you want that many .... Boskilli wants peeps ! :) So those eggs will be in the bater before the picnic and there is time to gather more .....

Really?
smile.png
See this area, water just pools there and I think a pond maybe 2 - 3 feet deep, 25' X 10-12' would be great. That tree is dead and will come down. There is a small trench behind that coop so water runs down and away from it. Ducks would be quite happy. I think the thing that makes keeping animals easy is having the right set up. I've plans for a coop and lumber already for most of it.

Yes really!...It's good exercise. I'll dig you can dump the dirt/mud! It looks like a great area. I would suggest getting/collecting large flat rocks to line it with. I'm looking into what would be a goo liner for mine. One that will hold back the dirt, but let the water seep in. I didn't line mine with anything that I dug last summer and now I have to re-dig it because they have filled it in. Let me know and we can have a "Pond Digging Party!"

I will have tomato and pepper plants again, a cherry variety and a heirloom slicing, and a small sweet pepper (cherry blend), and 2 varieties of hot peppers (jalapano, Thai hot, and habanero) very well started plants, organic seeds, organically grown. $3 each or looking to trade for well started pullets

Organic bug balm in small jar $5 also willing to trade

I have no idea what to bring. I will def bring something to pass. Maybe some chicks. I will know as we get closer & see how my crops are coming along...may be rhubarb time. (Which I sell with an amazing cocktail recipe for a rhubarbtini)

Yes really!...It's good exercise. I'll dig you can dump the dirt/mud! It looks like a great area. I would suggest getting/collecting large flat rocks to line it with. I'm looking into what would be a goo liner for mine. One that will hold back the dirt, but let the water seep in. I didn't line mine with anything that I dug last summer and now I have to re-dig it because they have filled it in. Let me know and we can have a "Pond Digging Party!"

Luv -I have a used pond liner approx. 15 x 20 ft. It's irregularly cut but is basically rectangular. It's 5-6mm black rubber - it's in need of a new home, I gave up on my ornamental pond it was permanently green!
sickbyc.gif
I also have a pump and filter system if you are interested. I don't need to get rich on this....pm me if interested

I have some flat stones from in front of the house to move. I keep restacking them but the freezing messes them up again. I'm tired. Plus some large pieces of cement I dug out of the yard. I do have some large slabs of cement too, but I sure can't move them. Not sure why they weren't broken up with a jack hammer.

I remember my SIL and hers had a pond that drained. Alan said something about using clay cat litter to fix the leak. I know nothing about ponds.

I will have tomato and pepper plants again, a cherry variety and a heirloom slicing, and a small sweet pepper (cherry blend), and 2 varieties of hot peppers (jalapano, Thai hot, and habanero) very well started plants, organic seeds, organically grown. $3 each or looking to trade for well started pullets

Organic bug balm in small jar $5 also willing to trade
Have you seen the ad for those yellow hop peppers? I keep thinking Peppers are so easy to can why would you buy them? I expect three plants would produce enough for the average family for a year. I learned that when it's to hot peppers don't set flowers. Is that right. I had a hard time getting mine to grow.

Back
Top Bottom