2015 New York Chickenstock

Nutty - Will you be ordering the turkeys the first week of May still? Are you still going to be ordering the Heritage turkeys too? Would they come in the same time as the others?

Do you have a schedule as to when the chickens are going to arrive? If it is before chickenstock I would try to plan to pick them up before the picnic.

Last edited:
Ok here is the list of what I will have so far
[COLOR=000000]Blue Seal Feeds in 50lbs.
Main Menu Texture Horse Feed $12.99
Egg Extra Layer Crumbles $14.50
Hog Grower Pellet $13.99
All Stock 14% $14.50
Game Starter / Grower Crumbles $17.99

25lb Bags
Chick Starter Meal Medicated $10.00

20LB Bags
Ultra Clean Black Sunflower Seeds $11.99
Song Maker Bird Feed $10.99

Poulin Grains
50 lb Bags
Egg Production Crumbles $16.99
Layer Pellets $15.99
Turkey –N- Game Starter Crumbles $17.99
18% Rabbit Feed $17.99
Pig Starter Crumbles $16.99
Pig Grower Pellets $14.99
Chick Starter Crumbles Nonmedicated $16.99
Black Oill Sunflower Seeds $23.99
Lamb N Kids Starter Pellets $15.99
Sweet Goat 18% $15.99
Sheep Complete Pellets $14.99
Stock NCA 16% $13.99
Scratch $13.99
Local Feed Mill Feed
100lb Bags
Chicken Layer Mash $17.00
Pig Hog Feed Mash $16.00
Goat Sheep Feed $15.50
Corn Meal $13.00
Oats $17.50
Whole Corn $13.00

50 lb. Bags
Soy Bean Mash $14.50
Cracked Corn $7.50

Other Items that are available
Plain Salt Blocks 50lbs. $8.19
Farm Flock Block 25lbs $16.99

Wood Shavings / Bedding Compressed 3.25 Cu Ft Loose 9.75 cu Ft. $5.25 each
Homemade All natural Flock Treats
Small that come with a string for Hanging $1.00 each
Larger Small Loaf size (String Included) $1.50 each
Homemade all Natural Dog Biscuits
Peanut Butter, Peanut Butter Bacon, Chicken, and Chicken Bacon.
Small 2” long are $0.50 each
Medium 3.5 “are $0.75 each
Large 6” are $1.25 each

Handmade Fleece Tied Dog and Cat Beds
Small Cat / Dog size are $7
Medium Dog Bed - Size of a Standard Pillow $10
Large Dog Bed $ 17.00[/COLOR]
Do you have 100# bags of chicken grower? Or something similar protein level? Also if you don't mind what is the protein level in the layer mash :)

Do you have 100# bags of chicken grower? Or something similar protein level? Also if you don't mind what is the protein level in the layer mash
smile.png

What is the weight on the Rabbit feed. Met a guy who took my rooster and has taken some before. He has rabbits for meat and is going to bring me some to try. I may get rabbits but perhaps it's cheaper to buy them done up.

We may need a new freezer.
lau.gif

Do you have 100# bags of chicken grower? Or something similar protein level? Also if you don't mind what is the protein level in the layer mash
smile.png

I do have 100lb bags of Chicken Grower mash and the protein level on the layer Mash is 18%
What is the weight on the Rabbit feed. Met a guy who took my rooster and has taken some before. He has rabbits for meat and is going to bring me some to try. I may get rabbits but perhaps it's cheaper to buy them done up.

We may need a new freezer.
lau.gif
Rabbit feed is 50 lb bags.

hi, i hope this isnt a redindant question, but is there a list of what all birds there may be available at the meet up? I missed about a week of updates due to illness and nkw i'm kind of lost. I am interested in piçking up a few started pullets ~ presently living in Binghamton city limits so its 4 layers only & zero roo tolerance. I would like to get Sussex &/or Buckeye &/or Ameraucana/Ee. Though i hear conflicting reports concerning Buckeyes and smaller yards: some say they are very adaptable, others that they need to range. Anyone got experience with them? Its killing me, not having birds since moving "back home" in Deçember and leaving my micro floçk of 6 to friends in TN. Chicken math + Cabin fever = going stir crazy waiting for full time Spring, & none of these teasing 40° sunny days with 12° nights.i

Last edited:
I do have 100lb bags of Chicken Grower mash and the protein level on the layer Mash is 18%
Rabbit feed is 50 lb bags.
18% isn't bad and I did mix it with water to reduce the waste. The same with the grow crumbles I'm feeding now.

Young chicks just get them straight and waste quite a bit. The first hatch is feathers pretty much so they can handle the mush. 20% Dumor.

I figure the higher the protein the faster they'll grow out. Or is that a bad idea?

Date: Saturday May 30th

Time: 11am until ?

Location. 5774 W. Ava Rd. Ava, NY 13303

Come one Come all! All are welcome to attend.

There will be a Chinese auction and potluck meal. Donations are welcome. I will keep a list of what is volunteered.

You are more than welcome to bring birds, eggs, or other things to sell. If bringing live animals please have them caged with food/water dishes. I have water on site to fill dishes. If you are buying or getting live animals please bring your own cage/box with water dish to bring them home. Please bring your own chair.

This is a rain or shine event. We will have a large garage to use if need be but if you have your own pop up tent please bring it if you can.

AWE I missed it!
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom