2015 New York Chickenstock

Well hi all,

Traded some chicks for help coop cleaning so that was good. Have more hatching in the incu. So far one C.Rock is out. Did not expect it to start til Monday but as usual I'm off. Still I'm hopeful more will hatch. There are a few more pips going on. It will be up and down the stairs for a while.

We went and bought feed from nutty in February with enough to last until Chickenstock I hope.

We should have hatchlings next weekend.

Just real quick.

Got burlap coffee sacks at the new Runnings store for $1.59 each. Great deal.
thumbsup.gif
Nice heavy sacks.

Remember I had mentioned sack races for the kids?

I wish I knew I would have taken up the eggs for you .. You are farther away than I am ...
I thought of maybe renting a truck after chicken stock or maybe Nutty s hubby could ....
I would definitely buy some feed if he could deliver it to syracuse ...would anyone else be interested if it was delivered to a central location ??

If I were to want some blue eggs could I buy some from you ??
I tried to contact someone near me ...but he didnt answer his phone ...

yes I do sell EE eggs but no guarantee on blue eggs. I have a variety of roosters over the hens, Black, blue and lavender hens. Roosters are , C. Rock, Black EE, Black and red EE and a Lavender Aruacana.

Did you see the chicks posted by LadyHawk? post 44102 She did get a frizzle but that rooster has been gone for some time now so I doubt any would be frizzled.

Eggs would most likely be blue, blue green, olive, green, or brown.

I think I'm getting a pullet or two from someone who has Ameraucanas. I forgot who though.

Send me a PM.

I would like to bring some of my EE eggs to Chickenstock too. I plan on hatching some also to bring~whatever I have. I purchased a breeding trio "Americana EE show quality" from Lancaster Fancy Fowl last year. My rooster is my Avatar. I can't guarantee show quality but the rooster is a very handsome bird.

I would like to bring some of my EE eggs to Chickenstock too. I plan on hatching some also to bring~whatever I have. I purchased a breeding trio "Americana EE show quality" from Lancaster Fancy Fowl last year. My rooster is my Avatar. I can't guarantee show quality but the rooster is a very handsome bird.
Please be aware that "Ameraucana" and "Easter Egger" are two different things.

Unfortunately the hatcheries and some sellers ( I won't call the breeders) are passing off "Easter Eggers" as "Ameraucana."

While Easter Eggers are very pretty and good egg layers they are not the same as the Ameraucana.

"The Ameraucana is an American breed of domestic chicken developed in the United States in the 1970s. It was derived from chickens brought from South America that carried the blue egg gene, and was bred to maintain the blue egg color of that breed while eliminating the lethal recessive gene.[1][4] There is also an Ameraucana bantam variety."

Let me be clear in stating that I only have Easter Eggers. While my roo was a Lavender Ameraucana from Chickenstalker in PA my hens were and are all Easter Eggers (green or other color egg layers)
I now have a Lavender Araucana roo in the mix. He is not a good example in that he doesn't have the "whiskers".
Hens are my own hatches. Roosters are switched out for gene dept. Acquired by my friends here.

Point? Any chicks or eggs you get from me will be mixed. You may get a blue, green, blue green, pink,olive or brown egg layer. You may get a blue, lavender, black, mixed color or rumpless bird.

If you are looking to acquire Ameraucana or Araucana birds, use caution and do your research, First.

Please be aware that "Ameraucana" and "Easter Egger" are two different things.

Unfortunately the hatcheries and some sellers ( I won't call the breeders) are passing off "Easter Eggers" as "Ameraucana."

While Easter Eggers are very pretty and good egg layers they are not the same as the Ameraucana.

"The Ameraucana is an American breed of domestic chicken developed in the United States in the 1970s. It was derived from chickens brought from South America that carried the blue egg gene, and was bred to maintain the blue egg color of that breed while eliminating the lethal recessive gene.[1][4] There is also an Ameraucana bantam variety."

Let me be clear in stating that I only have Easter Eggers. While my roo was a Lavender Ameraucana from Chickenstalker in PA my hens were and are all Easter Eggers (green or other color egg layers)
I now have a Lavender Araucana roo in the mix. He is not a good example in that he doesn't have the "whiskers".
Hens are my own hatches. Roosters are switched out for gene dept. Acquired by my friends here.

Point? Any chicks or eggs you get from me will be mixed. You may get a blue, green, blue green, pink,olive or brown egg layer. You may get a blue, lavender, black, mixed color or rumpless bird. The Easter Egger Chicken, also referred to as the Americana, is a very unique breed of chicken with the following distinctions, beards underneath their beaks, muffs around their cheeks, and most exciting, they lay lots of medium sized pink, blue, & green tinted eggs.

If you are looking to acquire Ameraucana or Araucana birds, use caution and do your research, First.

That's exactly why I think he prefaced that breed that way when I bought mine to CYA...This is how it was written...

"The Easter Egger Chicken, also referred to as the Americana, is a very unique breed of chicken with the following distinctions, beards underneath their beaks, muffs around their cheeks, and most exciting, they lay lots of medium sized pink, blue, & green tinted eggs." http://lancasterfancyfowl.com/fowl/easter-egger-americana/

? is anyone interested in Cameras watching your livestock/farm................from inside your home, or/and while in town shopping?

HI All,
Before I talk my hubby into coming to this event - I was wondering if anyone would be interested in seeing/getting info on surveillance cameras for your coop, yard, farm, etc. My husband does this for his business and you would be able to check your farm (barn, coop, driveway, front door, etc) right from inside your house (without Internet), and you would be able to do the same away from home if you have access to Internet.

Or maybe you have internet in your house, but it doesn't work in your barn - my husband can get you internet in your barn, no problem.

So, when I am at Runnings in Rome (about a 40 minute drive) - I can check via my iphone that all my farm animals are safe. Or if I wake up one morning and see some chickens gone - I can check the camera view from earlier - to see what or who took the chickens. It's quite amazing to be able to check on your family and pets/animals any time during the day or night.

So, if there is an interest for this - I will talk my husband into coming with his stuff to show everyone how it works. If not, then I rather keep him home so the kids and I can enjoy our day with fun chicken people. :)

thanks,

The kids are counting down the days until this fun day.

Margaret.

Back
Top Bottom