2015 New York Chickenstock

Had a fabulous time at chickenstock talking to everyone and seeing all the birds and other stuff for sale along with all the good food.

A HUGE shout out to nutty and her family for hosting this event and cooking. Her boys were great helpers. Thank you Nutty, I really needed this day. It was very nice visiting with everyone. Rancher, you must come to the next one. We missed you.

Came home to five silkie babies hatched out! The little monsters are very quiet and subdued. I guess the sudden dissappear acne of 15 of their siblings has made them nervous!!!
1f602.png
And I missed being there. I looked forward to it all year. I would have had a hard time without DW. She makes me look good. Of course you've Sen the weather. The rain would not have been so hard but for the storms. Texas has now recovered from it's years of drought so I won't complain. Too Sophie is so beautiful.

I am so glad everyone had a great time I did too wish I would have had ore time to Mingle. Rancher I won your eggs so can't wait to see what I hatch. Rancher what is this putting deposit on a house are you moving to Texas? Already planning next years and we are thinking of doing a tailgate swap BBQ later this summer.
Oh no, prices are going up and we have to many friends in NY. And family. I hope you have a good hatch and get some more C. Rocks. If not I have more eggs. I'll be setting eggs under brooches when I get back Lord willing. Brooches,got talent love spell check.

Peeped dinner & did dishes in my fancy new apron. Thanks Luv! Can't believe all the plants I came home w. And DH didn't freak out that I came home w 2 new birds, bc in the end total chx population was reduced by 8. :)So glad my babies found good homes!:D

Rancher, that del roo u sent is giant. Is that a typical size for Delaware Roos?
Del? No that was a C. Rock. They are a good size. And great dual purpose. I hope to hatch more. I have some young ones at home.

Rancher, you were there in spirit. We were thinkin of u. It's great that u were there for ur family, tho. It's tough to have family spread across the country. And it sounds like nutty is planning another event later in the summer. Maybe we'll see u there.

Nutty thanks for hosting the event!!! Had a great time. Met all kinds of really nice chicken folk!!! Good food, GREAT DESSERTS. That was a lot of work thank you again Nutty!!!

Just woke up came home and passed out, after getting 4 new chicks settled. Loving up those little *****!!!

Really strange ... I use to live when I was 10 or so, across the road from where Nutty lives now and a lady named Grama Fye owned the land a big red barn and a big white farmhouse.

Had a great afternoon meeting everyone !!

@ myfivegirls................. the cochin chicks are 5 weeks old. Momma broody is on the thin side "cause she IS such a good momma, she should bounce right back .

Nutty you did a great job ! Can't wait 'til next year !!

The chicks are adorable - do they loose some of their white as they get older, as I see other colored feathers still coming in? I've never had Millie Fleur Cochin chicks before, so I'm not familiar with how they feather out.
The Momma broody is doing good. I think she's still looking for her "chicks" though. She didn't appear any different than my other Cochin who just hatched out chicks, too, and hardly ate while sitting - despite my attempts to get her to.

I am so glad everyone had a great time I did too wish I would have had ore time to Mingle.
Already planning next years and we are thinking of doing a tailgate swap BBQ later this summer.

We had a great 1st Chickenstock! Nutty, enjoyed our little time with you while packing up - being the last to leave as usual !
It was a gorgeous, yet hot day for being 60 -80% chance of rain and severe thunderstorms. What an answer to prayer.
It was nice meeting so many of you, and thanks to everyone who bought or swapped with me.
We were very blessed to not leave "more than what we came with", at least in number of chickens and rabbits,
as it was looking like we'd be going home with most of what we brought plus more for quite awhile.
But, somehow, the car was just as packed full on the way home.

Now, I have space for the chicks due to hatch this coming week and next week!
Plus, two more potential broodies that can help raise future chicks.

@rancher hicks - You were missed, even though I've never met you!

Rancher...we need pics of the new princess!

Crcrazy...yes the little monsters are a chatty bunch. Just a it till they a full grown and under your feet grilling you about what you are doing!

Still recovering this am. Planting all my plants today and moving the silkie chick's to the brooder. Posting pics later.

Got in - unpacked just what I had to and passed out !

Thanks Nutty !

Day was a ton of fun - LOVED all of you ! and the dogs and horses ..... came home with more than I planned .... Spitzhn hen was held out for DH inspection .... he rolled eyes and then I caught him petting her on the chest. Un Hum ... good for me ! :)

I'm so thrilled with my plants .....boskilli - now I have a ton of work to do today !

Already looking forward to next year .....

I think Chickenstock should rotate each year to give people who can't drive 4 hours to CNYa chance to attend.

My 2 cents. Even if its further for me to travel, it should travel around the state, not always in Central,NY. Also, there could be one at each end of the state so its more convenient for those on the east & west.

Back
Top Bottom