2015 New York Chickenstock

I liked being able to participate in Chickenstock this year! Thanks for the invite and everyone who made it happen! Especially our gracious host & family!

I would def do another one this summer~ I did appreciate the CNY location though... I had time at the beginning and end of my day to feed the animals & water down everything and put it away for the night!

I bought the 100 lb bags of feed and some organic feeds too! Good thing i brought "The enabler" to carry them for me! Can't wait to try the new feeds. I would much rather support local than TSC. I just wish you guys bought more plants then I could have filled the car with more feed!
yippiechickie.gif

I still have Oodles of 3 week old Easter Egger chicks...if anyone needs some!

@Pyxis The little chick I bought is nuts! He broke out last night on my way home and was playing on the floor between the gas pedal and the brake...Finally coralled him under the seat! Lovely lil thing who is now at home with a hona, swedish flower, EE and Spitzhauben chick! Can't wait to see what happens with the eggs. I am so excited for this line! Did you get rid of the legbar gals?

Purpletie...that's must have been fun. Good thing there was no cop behind you.

Babies are in the brooder. Will get pics later. Plants are in and watered. Can't believe how dry the dirt is. Heavy watering was required.

Marquisella...sorry to hear you got stuck. Good idea to get paid first cause then it's on them to collect.

[COLOR=4B0082]@Pyxis
 The little chick I bought is nuts!  He broke out last night on my way home and was playing on the floor between the gas pedal and the brake...Finally coralled him under the seat!  Lovely lil thing who is now at home with a hona, swedish flower, EE and Spitzhauben chick!  Can't wait to see what happens with the eggs. I am so excited for this line!  Did you get rid of the legbar gals?[/COLOR]

Yikes! Glad you managed to catch him and he was okay! Nope, the legbars came home with me. Ah well, nothing wrong with having some nice blue egg layers around. Good luck with the eggs and keep me updated! I hope you hatch some pretty babies. My next batch is hatching on the 4th.

The brooders are so empty over here after selling 16 chicks! But they won't stay that way for long, lol.

Purpletie...that's must have been fun. Good thing there was no cop behind you.

Babies are in the brooder. Will get pics later. Plants are in and watered. Can't believe how dry the dirt is. Heavy watering was required.

Marquisella...sorry to hear you got stuck. Good idea to get paid first cause then it's on them to collect.
LOL....Good thing If it was not that beautiful delaware rooster on my gas pedal I would have been toast!

For the person who won my cemani and cemani cross eggs in the auction, I can't remember who it was, but this is an example of what the crosses can look like:

Yikes! Glad you managed to catch him and he was okay! Nope, the legbars came home with me. Ah well, nothing wrong with having some nice blue egg layers around. Good luck with the eggs and keep me updated! I hope you hatch some pretty babies. My next batch is hatching on the 4th.

The brooders are so empty over here after selling 16 chicks! But they won't stay that way for long, lol.
Oh Poop...Wish I would have known you still had them! Well, let me know how you make out with your Cemani hatch. I may have to pay you a visit if you aren't going to keep all of them!

[COLOR=008080]I liked being able to participate in Chickenstock this year! Thanks for the invite and everyone who made it happen!  Especially our gracious host & family![/COLOR]

I would def do another one this summer~  I did appreciate the CNY location though... I had time at the beginning and end of my day to feed the animals & water down everything and put it away for the night!

I bought the 100 lb bags of feed and some organic feeds too!  Good thing i brought "The enabler" to carry them for me! Can't wait to try the new feeds.  I would much rather support local than TSC.  I just wish you guys bought more plants then I could have filled the car with more feed!  :yiipchick

[COLOR=000080]I still have Oodles of 3 week old Easter Egger chicks...if anyone needs some! [/COLOR]

[COLOR=4B0082]@Pyxis
 The little chick I bought is nuts!  He broke out last night on my way home and was playing on the floor between the gas pedal and the brake...Finally coralled him under the seat!  Lovely lil thing who is now at home with a hona, swedish flower, EE and Spitzhauben chick!  Can't wait to see what happens with the eggs. I am so excited for this line!  Did you get rid of the legbar gals?[/COLOR]

Don't worry about it not being a CNY location as we gave decided to throw one here every year if other BYC members want to hold one too all I can say is YAY I would love to have a few of these a year it is very enjoyable to be around others that understand chicken math.

As far as traveling I believe that is what the shark snipers does as they had one a few weeks ago and that one travels all over so the CNY one is not the only one.

Now as far as another this year we have decided to absolutely hold another I very much enjoyed it. It will probably be the end of August and you are all invited. Will let you know the exact date soon.

I'm definitely not going to make another one. It's fun, but one three and a half hour drive plus overnight stay is all I can do and really can afford to do a year. It would be nice if it would travel around a bit, since it's been in central NY two years in a row now. I hope everyone who can make it to the August one has fun!

Just got the broody settled on the eggs I got from Tab! She took the move very well and I think she's happy she finally has a place to sit where the others won't be able to kick her out of her nest. But, I may now have another broody, an EE that has to be at least fine years old. I'm pretty sure this is her first time trying it too. She was glued to the nest when I was in the coop today.

Last edited:
Some pics of the Littles that hatched while I was visiting with you all.

3 blue silkies and 2 splash or self blue pocelain. Not sure until the grow out more.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom