2015 New York Chickenstock

If I remember correctly she's a cuckoo Maran. She's about 5 weeks I think, so she's getting 'put in her place' - she was terribly bossy with the smaller chicks :)

Must be I have a cuckoo Maran, also. I have one that's 3-4 weeks old and looks exactly like yours... color and all. :) I got my little chit at ChickenStock, too. And 2 others, different colors and that look more speckled.
When I get a chance, maybe today I'll post a pic of her

Must be I have a cuckoo Maran, also. I have one that's 3-4 weeks old and looks exactly like yours... color and all.
smile.png
I got my little chit at ChickenStock, too. And 2 others, different colors and that look more speckled.
When I get a chance, maybe today I'll post a pic of her

I wish I could remember who I got her from - ? Melissa. They were selling ducks also...

Right 'cause that works really well for those wide shots when I have no idea I am in the picture .... I don't mind people taking pictures to use for their own memories - I just don't like the idea of posting them all up over the internet. Gramma mentioned me being the one taking the pictures - I've certainly done that before ! That seems a nice compromise when the majority want to post things in public.
Well now that is a nice idea. This way YOU control who gets the pictures.

I remember a poem from elementary school.

"I know I'm no big movie star,
and I know I'm no beauty by far,
But my face I don't mind it,
for I am behind it,
Tis the ones in the front get the jar! "

I wish I could remember who I got her from - ? Melissa. They were selling ducks also...
I believe her name was Melissa... :) I got my girls from her too. She said she was sometimes on BYC, however, I don't know what her name is on here though. I did get pictures of Lyla today... She's a little younger than your bird but I was amazed at how similar she is.

Then I got 2 others from her too. This is " Omlet"

and the last is "Misa"

Quote:
Did you bring your tin foil hat to Texas?

Quote: That area was very busy, never got to talk or introduce myself there at that "tent" - and I couldn't tell who was the "owner" or if there were several people sharing that area.
By the way, Cute chicks! I've had a few "blue barred" as I call them pop up in the Catskill Homesteaders, but not with feathered feet!
Speaking of feathered feet, those Cochin and the Cochin/CH mixes are adorable - I really liking the chicks with feathered feet,
even though I never thought I would! Moved the two new broodies "out to pasture", aka in a modified metal dog crate to weed the garden pathways.
Raining a lot today, so kept them in the "coop" (plastic dog crate) & they were complaining this evening when I was out there!
The black "twin" is definitely the boss over the bantam Cochin, but they seem to be getting along ok together.

Just came in from moving a few of the rabbits into the really tall grass paddocks - had to mow some on Saturday, but then
the rabbits love to eat the grass, so I thought I'd try it again & try to keep track of the weather so they don't get too hot.
Doesn't make sense to mow the grass, then have to hand-cut grass or pick plants for rabbits to eat.
I'm just making sure I put the rabbits on first, then the chickens will follow to "clean up", as I know the rabbits
shouldn't share the same ground as the chickens.

Getting dark - need to go feed and close everyone up! Then, it'll be time for me to go to bed.
Got a relapse of this strong virus that's been going around here lately, some people have had it 3 weeks to a month!
So, pacing myself and yet trying to get things done, even though I easily get tired.

Did you bring your tin foil hat to Texas?

That area was very busy, never got to talk or introduce myself there at that "tent" - and I couldn't tell who was the "owner" or if there were several people sharing that area.
By the way, Cute chicks! I've had a few "blue barred" as I call them pop up in the Catskill Homesteaders, but not with feathered feet!
Speaking of feathered feet, those Cochin and the Cochin/CH mixes are adorable - I really liking the chicks with feathered feet,
even though I never thought I would! Moved the two new broodies "out to pasture", aka in a modified metal dog crate to weed the garden pathways.
Raining a lot today, so kept them in the "coop" (plastic dog crate) & they were complaining this evening when I was out there!
The black "twin" is definitely the boss over the bantam Cochin, but they seem to be getting along ok together.

Just came in from moving a few of the rabbits into the really tall grass paddocks - had to mow some on Saturday, but then
the rabbits love to eat the grass, so I thought I'd try it again & try to keep track of the weather so they don't get too hot.
Doesn't make sense to mow the grass, then have to hand-cut grass or pick plants for rabbits to eat.
I'm just making sure I put the rabbits on first, then the chickens will follow to "clean up", as I know the rabbits
shouldn't share the same ground as the chickens.

Getting dark - need to go feed and close everyone up! Then, it'll be time for me to go to bed.
Got a relapse of this strong virus that's been going around here lately, some people have had it 3 weeks to a month!
So, pacing myself and yet trying to get things done, even though I easily get tired.

How are the cochin chicks doing ? Is the broody cochin still looking for her babies ??

Quote:
I started writing a reply last night, but didn't find it this morning. Anyways, they're all doing well !
The cochin chicks are in with another group of chicks, many of which are the cochin mixes, so lots of feathered feet in that brooder!
One of the cochin mixes was hatched May 1st, and is already an obvious cockerel, plus is slightly larger than the pure cochin chicks.
Still can't tell what gender they are, as their combs are still small, but some have tiny wattles already.
They're already getting some extra colors in; I'll try to take photos and post sometime.

The broody cochin isn't looking for her chicks anymore, just having fun scratching, digging and eating the weeds in the garden pathways.

Back
Top Bottom