2015 Pea Prices

I just got a call from someone that's interested in two of the two year old boys and a pair of the yearlings, but I have no idea where to begin price wise and was hoping that some of you could give me some ideas.

-Kathy

I just got a call from someone that's interested in two of the two year old boys and a pair of the yearlings, but I have no idea where to begin price wise and was hoping that some of you could give me some ideas.

-Kathy

I am assuming they are all IB with perhaps a few white feathers from a long ago white split? Looking at the ads you posted from your general area, looks like IB chicks can be had for $25, mature males for $50 and mature hens for $75. I would price the 2 year old boys at no less than $50, and the other 2 somewhere between $25 & $75 depending on the sex. Then if you really like the people maybe discount a little if you think they will be going to a good home. That's more or less how I do it.
idunno.gif
Your area looks worse than mine, for pricing.

Too many whites, what a wonderful problem to have! :)

I was so lucky to have found the deals I did, when I bought White Lightning I paid $165 for him plus 3 bs yearling hens and 1 bs yearling boy. I knew it was a bargain but didn't realize how lucky I was! She was getting out of peas and concentrating on rare pheasants and needed to free up her pens. Five harder to find peas (hens and silver pied) at that time for under $200.

Quote: Thanks... Yes, all are IB and a few have some white flights. Your suggestions are pretty much what I was thinking, so that's a good starting point. Interestingly, there was someone in the next town over that was selling a two year old hen for $180 obo, which I thought was crazy high. Not saying I'm gonna do that, just thought it was worth noting. The boys gotta go, no doubt about that.

Many of the boys live together so I will probably make people deals if the buy a pair of boys, lol.

-Kathy

Thanks... Yes, all are IB and a few have some white flights. Your suggestions are pretty much what I was thinking, so that's a good starting point. Interestingly, there was someone in the next town over that was selling a two year old hen for $180 obo, which I thought was crazy high. Not saying I'm gonna do that, just thought it was worth noting. The boys gotta go, no doubt about that.

Many of the boys live together so I will probably make people deals if the buy a pair of boys, lol.

-Kathy

I've done that before, discounting for a pair of males is a no-brainer for us.

I will be charging $10-15 per egg, or I hatch them myself. Straight run chicks $25-45 for the usual colors. The more unusual Purple BS Pied (and he appears to be carrying 1 copy of WE I think) Spalding split Bronze, etc... will be higher. And I resorted to posting one of my big boys on CL today.

http://york.craigslist.org/grd/4936314060.html
I am charging $10 an egg as well.
I am charging $20 for peachicks.

I don't know where my second incubator is...
roll.png

Well we may have our White male sold, there is a couple that are supposed to come Saturday. We'll see if they actually show up.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom