2015 Peafowl Hatching Support Group - Eggs and Chicks!

Pics
The first to pip is the first out!
My first pea hatch!
India Blue it appears

Now it's still floppy and can't stand which I expect but one foot looks like the toes are pretty curled. I'll have to watch those

Wait until it is standing up and walking around before you get too concerned about putting shoes on it.

My # 2 was slow to unzip, so of course I waited about 12 hrs. after #1 was out and then I started to peel a little. He was ready as could be, no bleeding and a nice navel, so I'm glad I peeled when I did. His toes looked like your guys', but 24 hrs. later and they look great and he is up walking around.

Hatching is such hard work!

At this size they make the brooder cage look enormous, but it will look crowded in no time.

My # 2 was slow to unzip, so of course I waited about 12 hrs. after #1 was out and then I started to peel a little. He was ready as could be, no bleeding and a nice navel, so I'm glad I peeled when I did. His toes looked like your guys', but 24 hrs. later and they look great and he is up walking around.

Hatching is such hard work!

At this size they make the brooder cage look enormous, but it will look crowded in no time.
Congrats on the second one!

-Kathy

Note that I will be keeping both whites and just to amuse myself, I am guessing their sexes based on their hatch weights.

14 = girl
21 = boy

Of course 21 was a heavier egg, but it will be fun to do.
cool.png

-Kathy

the brace wasnt very tight so it was able to take a couple drops at a time but I think there was more wrong than the wry neck because it started seizing about an hour and a half ago. I didn't want to put it through that, so I just gently culled it. I hope yours has better luck!
Sorry for your loss.

-Kathy

the brace wasnt very tight so it was able to take a couple drops at a time but I think there was more wrong than the wry neck because it started seizing about an hour and a half ago. I didn't want to put it through that, so I just gently culled it. I hope yours has better luck!

Very sorry to hear that.
sad.png

And on your cuties, too!
clap.gif

Is #3 IB?

So sorry about your little sweetie, @Kedreeva .
hugs.gif

By the way, hatchers: If possible, will you include the chick's age when you post pictures? (For the ChickChart.)
big_smile.png
Yes, #3 is IB. Mine were all less than 12 hours old.

-Kathy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom