2015 Peafowl Hatching Support Group - Eggs and Chicks!

Pics
Does anyone know of a good hatchery to get peafowl from I'm thinking of getting a pair also could I house them with all my other fowl j don't actually have enough room to make them a separate pen so please don't suggest that but anyways I have 2 guinea fowl 1 male 1 female, 1 female chocolate turkey, 1 brown Chinese gander, q grey saddleback Pomeranian goose, 1 blue Swedish drake, q Cayuga duck, 1 chocolate Muscovy duck, 3 amwracauna hens, 4 black austarlorps, 2 white leghorns, 2 RIR hens, 1 RIR rooster, 1 blue Wyandotte rooster, and 3 hens that I'm not sure what the breeds are. They have a pool that my goose baths in that is dumped daily and 2 waterers that are filled and they all eta layer pellets and Oats and get occasional scandals of fruit veggies and pasta. I also love in north Texas near Dallas. And when it rains it gets pretty muddy. No roof over there enclosure and my two leghorns always get out by jumping the fence but always get back in. Now that I'm done rambling do you think I could house peafowl with them. I can give pen measurements later on today

Does anyone know of a good hatchery to get peafowl from I'm thinking of getting a pair also could I house them with all my other fowl j don't actually have enough room to make them a separate pen so please don't suggest that but anyways I have 2 guinea fowl 1 male 1 female, 1 female chocolate turkey, 1 brown Chinese gander, q grey saddleback Pomeranian goose, 1 blue Swedish drake, q Cayuga duck, 1 chocolate Muscovy duck, 3 amwracauna hens, 4 black austarlorps, 2 white leghorns, 2 RIR hens, 1 RIR rooster, 1 blue Wyandotte rooster, and 3 hens that I'm not sure what the breeds are. They have a pool that my goose baths in that is dumped daily and 2 waterers that are filled and they all eta layer pellets and Oats and get occasional scandals of fruit veggies and pasta. I also love in north Texas near Dallas. And when it rains it gets pretty muddy. No roof over there enclosure and my two leghorns always get out by jumping the fence but always get back in. Now that I'm done rambling do you think I could house peafowl with them. I can give pen measurements later on today
They probably won't die but I personally wouldn't house them all together, and if the fence is able to be jumped by chickens, there's a very good chance peafowl would just hop out and leave.

Hi there! Please pardon this brief interruption:

Please don't forget...deadline for "other poultry" calendar picture submissions is tomorrow. I know I've seen some wonderful pics on these threads that haven't been submitted yet...
ya.gif
(see link in my signature line & feel free to share!)

My story has a sad ending. The little yellow peachick that hatched a few weeks ago was dead when I went out this morning. I don't have any idea why - there were no obvious injuries and it seemed fine. So I am sad. The other 3 eggs that my friend had under a hen were all no good...so I will have to wait until next year! Thank you to all who gave advice after the hatch!

My story has a sad ending.  The little yellow peachick that hatched a few weeks ago was dead when I went out this morning.  I don't have any idea why - there were no obvious injuries and it seemed fine.  So I am sad.  The other 3 eggs that my friend had under a hen were all no good...so I will have to wait until next year!  Thank you to all who gave advice after the hatch!

So sorry

My story has a sad ending.  The little yellow peachick that hatched a few weeks ago was dead when I went out this morning.  I don't have any idea why - there were no obvious injuries and it seemed fine.  So I am sad.  The other 3 eggs that my friend had under a hen were all no good...so I will have to wait until next year!  Thank you to all who gave advice after the hatch!

So sorry!

-Kathy

Great information - glad the forum is searchable. Have eggs on their way shortly and trying to get prepared.

Great information - glad the forum is searchable. Have eggs on their way shortly and trying to get prepared.

I bought 8 peafowl eggs for ten a piece and found out a minute ago after the 30th day that they were all yellow inside no trace of blood at all, could it be from the male not mating with the mom

Back
Top Bottom