2015 Peafowl Hatching Support Group - Eggs and Chicks!

I'd blame the roo
lau.gif
mine just won't give up... maybe it was the light from it then. I'm sure yours will catch up. we have just one roo and 4 hens fyi :) do you sell any? I have a lot of people asking me for older peafowl, but I want to keep the ones I have. here's a pict of the one pea chick that hatched. about 3 weeks ago.

I sell a little of everything.... eggs, chicks, and older birds on occasion. I just sold 2 breeder white males (5 & 6 years), a breeding age SP male 6 years, and a Pied yearling, but I still have 40 birds. There are a lot of my older Breeders that I will never sell, because I am attached to them.

I witnessed a successful mating between Fred and my 20 year old Cameo BS hen this morning, I am really curious to see if she lays and if they are fertile and hatch. She's really getting up there now.

Last edited:
Can I tell them to get on here and look you up? I think they want someone closer like me, not in California. or somewhere far that would have to ship. I think they'd drive over to get one :)

I sell a little of everything.... eggs, chicks, and older birds on occasion. I just sold 2 breeder white males (5 & 6 years), a breeding age SP male 6 years, and a Pied yearling, but I still have 40 birds. There are a lot of my older Breeders that I will never sell, because I am attached to them.

I witnessed a successful mating between Fred and my 20 year old Cameo BS hen this morning, I am really curious to see if she lays and if they are fertile and hatch. She's really getting up there now.
nice, it would be awesome if she could have another chick!!! you've gotta let us know how this turns out :)

How long did you let the shipped rest? Are you immediately turning also? I know I've had good luck with shipped chickens eggs by resting/not turning during the first few days of incubating but with all the discussions around the importance of turning the pea eggs so often I'm guessing I should just treat them as normal and gamble

I have pulled one of the shipped eggs less than 24 hours after setting it. It is the one with the rolling air cell. 12 hours in the bator and it started oozing egg white from several spots, it did not have any odor, so I do not think it was a rotten egg. I am wondering if it could have been so roughed up during shipping that membranes were torn to shreds as well as the air cell being completely free floating? I had a feeling I wasn't getting anything from that one!
sad.png

Last edited:
I have pulled one of the shipped eggs less than 24 hours after setting it. It is the one with the rolling air cell. 12 hours in the bator and it started oozing egg white from several spots, it did not have any odor, so I do not think I was a rotten egg. I am wondering if it could have been so roughed up during shipping that membranes were torn to shreds as well as the air cell being completely free floating? I had a feeling I wasn't getting anything from that one!
sad.png
Interesting, never seen one ooze before rotting.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom