2015 Peafowl Hatching Support Group - Eggs and Chicks!

Pics
They look perfect! Will be interesting to see if #6 is female and #2 is male. :D

-Kathy

I'm wondering that too! I read somewhere on here that the siblings that have bigger legs and feet are usually males. And #6 definitely has smaller legs & feet. But that could just be the weight difference, I guess. Have to wait and see! :)

As I was sitting and talking to this baby is started to display! Why do they display as chicks? Just practice?

I have a peahen that has started sitting she has 2 eggs she is rotating and sitting on. My question is she is in with 3 other peahens and the male how soon do I need to move her and hopefully hatched chicks out? Or are they ok?

You results may vary from mine, but last year I let them all stay together and everything was fine. This year I have four peahens, two of which are in the same breeder pen, that are setting. I have no plan to remove any of them when they hatch. I am hoping to get a few more to set as I am still getting three or four eggs per day.

You results may vary from mine, but last year I let them all stay together and everything was fine. This year I have four peahens, two of which are in the same breeder pen, that are setting. I have no plan to remove any of them when they hatch. I am hoping to get a few more to set as I am still getting three or four eggs per day.

The male won't bother babies?

Back
Top Bottom