2015 Peafowl Hatching Support Group - Eggs and Chicks!

Pics
Hi,I have 4 peafowl eggs in the bator and one has a hair line crack.I noticed it yesterday around 6:00 p.m and the crack is a little bigger but no external pip.Should I make it a air hole or give it time? It is on day 28. Thank you!
wait for it to be 24 hours before helping the chick.

wait for it to be 24 hours before helping the chick.

O.K Thank you! I want a white peacock so bad! I am hoping that one will be white. The eggs came from a mixed pen but I guess most where white and some black shoulder.I have never hatched peafowl eggs in a bator before. I havn't had any peafowl for 10 years or more.

My baby pea is 17 days
1f60d.png
! She is 95grams however she has just started not eating on her own. She was doing great and now won't eat unless it's out of my hand. She is the only chick that survived and we play with her a lot but I'm scared she isn't getting enough since she won't do it on her own. She drinks on her own and is getting bigger. Any advice would be great!

My baby pea is 17 days
1f60d.png
! She is 95grams however she has just started not eating on her own. She was doing great and now won't eat unless it's out of my hand. She is the only chick that survived and we play with her a lot but I'm scared she isn't getting enough since she won't do it on her own. She drinks on her own and is getting bigger. Any advice would be great!

Get her a buddy! A chick to get her to eat! I think that would be your best way to go!

O.K Thank you! I want a white peacock so bad! I am hoping that one will be white. The eggs came from a mixed pen but I guess most where white and some black shoulder.I have never hatched peafowl eggs in a bator before. I havn't had any peafowl for 10 years or more.
How many White peacocks and peahens do have? To get a pure White peachick it will require a male and a female with the White gene. If one of the parents is a Black Shoulder then you will get a Black Shoulder split to White peachick which can be cool too.

How many White peacocks and peahens do have? To get a pure White peachick it will require a male and a female with the White gene. If one of the parents is a Black Shoulder then you will get a Black Shoulder split to White peachick which can be cool too.

I don't have any! The lady I got the eggs from has a lot of peafowl and she said that most of the chicks she has hatched this year have been white! That white dominate that pen!

I don't have any! The lady I got the eggs from has a lot of peafowl and she said that most of the chicks she has hatched this year have been white! That white dominate that pen!

Then hopefully you will have a White peachick. I think the earliest you can tell if they are white and not Black Shoulder is 2 weeks maybe. Or it's a little while later.

Then hopefully you will have a White peachick. I think the earliest you can tell if they are white and not Black Shoulder is 2 weeks maybe. Or it's a little while later.

O.k. Thank you! How did you get your white peafowl so tame! Thats what I try to do with all my birds! I love it when they are tame!

Back
Top Bottom