2015 Peafowl Hatching Support Group - Eggs and Chicks!

Congrats! Pictures?

-Kathy

Definitely! Probably tomorrow. I'm very prepared this time - I managed to find a medicated game bird starter, I have vitamins and probiotics for their water, and they'll be staying in the house in a brooder for a few weeks before moving to the workshop brooder.

I set 2 of the decoy eggs and had 100% hatch rate!! ;) Small # i know but i like the way it sounds!

She was then sitting on 5 and after week 2 I took them and am finishing them in the bator. All 5 are alive and well after week 3 ish...my bad for not marking the date...but I'm looking forward to sharing more pics soon!

Very nice peas and healthy, congrats,
1f44d.png

Gerald Barker

Hi some advice needed incubator temp is hard to control due to high ambient temp which is 44 45°c can seem to bring down the incubator temp and advice or tips would be very helpful thankyou

I'm sorry if I'm posting on someone else's post but two of my 4 peachicks have died and I'm wondering if I should take the two live ones away from momma into the house to and feed them Myself?

Hi some advice needed incubator temp is hard to control due to high ambient temp which is 44 45°c can seem to bring down the incubator temp and advice or tips would be very helpful thankyou
Is there a way to turn the temp down. That will cook the eggs. If not I wonder if adding water could help.

Putting in my first ever peafowl egg in the incubator today. Wish my luck!!
Any advice would be appreciated!
Make sure temp is around 100 F. I go with 99.6 F and 60-68% humidity. Humidity can be different for others.

I'm sorry if I'm posting on someone else's post but two of my 4 peachicks have died and I'm wondering if I should take the two live ones away from momma into the house to and feed them Myself?
Usually the mother is the best place for them. I would make sure they're getting a medicated feed. The hen can eat it, medicated feed won't hurt her.

Hi please advise for peafowl eggs i am using 50%-55% humidity for first 25 days then shifting eggs to hatcher where i raise the humidity to 65%-70% does this sound correct as a local who also hatches peafowl says humidity should be 80% during the whole 26-28 days of incubation please advise

Back
Top Bottom