2015 Peafowl Hatching Support Group - Eggs and Chicks!

Hi have hatched a few peas but a few eggs have been where the chick has fully developed but not hatched or pipped either this is what one of the eggtopsy's look like any ideas thanks

You are running the humidity too high during the incubating period. The correct humidity can vary by location, generally, 55% to 60% is high enough although one year I had to run at 45%. Start weighing your eggs and aim to lose 10% to 15% of the total egg weight by hatch time. 75% is a good humidity for hatching although if you have a lot of eggs hatching at the same time the eggs themselves will spike the humidity until you open the door.

Humidity too high?

Quick tips for a newby to peafowl hatching? Just got 4 eggs yesterday. They've been resting today from the drive and are ready to go in. Plan to set temp to 99.7 and keep humidity up to 50%.

Quick tips for a newby to peafowl hatching? Just got 4 eggs yesterday. They've been resting today from the drive and are ready to go in. Plan to set temp to 99.7 and keep humidity up to 50%. 

Forced air (fan) incubator? My only advice would be to monitor air cells for proper loss.

Last edited:
Hello, I have successfully hatched chickens and geese over the past 4 years. I'm on day 27 of incubating nine peafowl eggs. I acquired the eggs from a wild flock near me. Took them from somebody who robbed a nest to make omelettes, (Interesting story). All 9 are fertile and developed. I candled before lockdown and six look like they were active, possibly beginning internal pips. Two of them were chirping from inside the egg. Humidity is up to around 70–75%. Holding my breath!!!! what are the chances of any successfully hatching?

Back
Top Bottom