2016 BYC Calendar - Your Pictures Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where'd you get the feather-legged Black Copper Marans? I'd love some; where'd you get yours?
There is a local breeder in my area who has feather footed French Black Copper Marans. I think he might ship hatching eggs, but you will have to wait until his hens start laying again. (It has been so hot lately all his birds (mine also) have stopped laying.)

The French standard is feather legged but I don't think the American standard is. You can get French Marans from chicken scratch poultry

The French standard is feather legged but I don't think the American standard is. You can get French Marans from chicken scratch poultry

x2

French Marans have feathers on their legs and American Marans don't. Both kinds are beautiful birds.
smile.png

All Black Copper Marans in the US should be feather legged if they aren't then they are not considered BCM's... French Standard is feather legged, English Standard is clean legged...
US elected to adopt the French Standard for Black Coppers...

Good to know that,  thanks Ravyn

Very welcome, Diva... :)

Black Copper Marans are the oddity, I guess you could say, for US Marans... I beleieve all the others, like Cuckoo and Golden Cuckoo Marans are all clean legged... so is easy to think they should be clean legged too, lol... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom