2016 Peepers - What are you waiting on?

I have been using Brinsea products for about a year now. I absolutely love them. I have the Octagon Advance incubator with the humidity pump and it's wonderful. The "set it and forget it" phrase is so true. I bought the EcoGlow brooder last fall and love it as well. I wish I'd gotten the larger one from the get go. But......due to my serious case of chickenitis, I'm sure it won't be long before it goes from my Wish List to my Shopping Cart
1f601.png

I wanted one for Years and FINALLY got one. wish I'd got the bigger one as well but I got a very good price on the 20 chick so I broke down and spent the money. Brinsea makes Excellent products and it's very much worth the price for a peace of mind. I used to use the heat lamps and have CONSTANT WORRY of fire and they are expensive to run. I decided this year I want something different. I was going to use my seed germinating pad as a "mamma cave" but it's warming my tortoises and although it has a adjustable thermostat I cheked and the temperature just seemed "off" and to be honest I wasn't entirely comfortable doing it. I'm only getting 9 females and can't really afford to expirement and loose some so when I saw the 10% savings at Wayfair online for the Brinsea Ecoglow 20 Chick Brooder I just couldn't pass it up for 85 dollars. I know that's still a lot but I really think it's a excellent investment. and I will have a piece of mind knowing how safe it is! I've seen other "electric hens" for less but I really trust the Brinsea name and know I will get good use out of it. it also has a two year warranty which is Wonderful!!

thank you for explaining that too me. :) so not all hatcheries let you pick your ship date based on hatching days.. From what I've seen Meyers shipping is a bit high but I do like being able to pick the ship date. I guess considering what you said about "small order fees" they probably are around the same cost. I have one more question if that's ok? Do all orders ship express? Priority? or does it depend on length of trip? I noticed with Meyer folks that live far away like myself ship express, folks who live closer go priority. is that the same with Cackle? Do you know if Cackle uses heat packs for smaller orders? I'd guess large orders wouldn't need one. Thanks for your help! :)

I assume they ship express (in fact, I thought you HAD to ship live birds express, could be wrong though, but all of mine have shipped express).

Honestly, I have no idea about heat packs (though it seems most hatcheries will give you the option to add one, for a fee, of course) small orders, I've never had a small order. Go big or go home :p

Well I think I'll just bite the bullet and get the 50 chick heating plate from Premier. We've used many of their products in the past and they've always been excellent quality. If it doesn't work out for my various birds then I can always used a heat lamp.

The heat plate shipped out today. No ETA on it, so I'll be setting the brooder up with a heat lamp on Wednesday. The first batch of chicks should arrive either Thursday or Friday.

I received the notification that the Bantams from Ideal shipped today. If I remember right from last year the chicks shipped on Tuesday arrived on Thursday. Tomorrow I'll be setting the brooder up. Yay!

Around the end of May/beginning of June, I'll be picking up:

• One (1) Buff Laced Polish
  • One (1) Golden Laced Wyandotte
  • One (1) Barred Plymouth Rock
  • One (1) Speckled Sussex
And for my mom I'm picking up
  • One (1) Rhode Island Red
  • One (1) Silver Laced Wyandotte

I'm so excited to pick them up even if they are juveniles and not teeny-tiny chicks I'm still happy and can't wait to see them!

Around the end of May/beginning of June, I'll be picking up:

• One (1) Buff Laced Polish
  • One (1) Golden Laced Wyandotte
  • One (1) Barred Plymouth Rock
  • One (1) Speckled Sussex
And for my mom I'm picking up
  • One (1) Rhode Island Red
  • One (1) Silver Laced Wyandotte

I'm so excited to pick them up even if they are juveniles and not teeny-tiny chicks I'm still happy and can't wait to see them!

The Buff Laced Polish are my daughter's favorite. We had 2 of them, but are down to 1 now.

Back
Top Bottom