2017 Groundhog Day Hatch-a-long!

Just catching up...congrats on the hatches and hugs for the potential loss @Danielle2006. I'll be praying for your daughter and pup @Sally Sunshine

Has anybody here bought hatching eggs from ebay? They have great low prices and I was very interested and just curious (and getting addicted!)

I have. It's a chance buying on ebay. Sometimes you don't get what you paid for, other times, you get things not shipped well. BUT if you do have good luck and get from a good person on there, remember their name and write it down. I just bought some lavender silkie eggs from someone on there. I had bought a silkie assortment from them last year and had a half decent hatch (for shipped eggs) and they were good quality birds. This year, I messaged them asking specifically for lavender and they put it up for me lol. I'm hoping to have a decent hatch this time too.

i actually have a duck egg due the 31st it was part of my first set didnt think nothing about them taking longer lol but i have a whole new batch of duck eggs i set the 15th and chickens that i set the 21st coming along as well and two duck eggs from my little black duck that i set the 21st so i have a whole bunch of dues dates i kinda went over board lol but im hlad i set the 2 black duck eggs because she come up missing today i cant find her any where
sad.png
( ive been looking since dinner time for her and so have my other ducks i just dont know what happened or where she went
sad.png
(
so sorry to hear this
hugs.gif
good luck on your hatches

Has anybody here bought hatching eggs from ebay? They have great low prices and I was very interested and just curious (and getting addicted!)
i have, and i have also bought from people here on BYC, you may see if you ccan find them here first, or see if those people are on byc, make sure to ask questions about fertility and how they ship, see where they are coming from and how long it could take to get them

good luck!

I have. It's a chance buying on ebay. Sometimes you don't get what you paid for, other times, you get things not shipped well. BUT if you do have good luck and get from a good person on there, remember their name and write it down. I just bought some lavender silkie eggs from someone on there. I had bought a silkie assortment from them last year and had a half decent hatch (for shipped eggs) and they were good quality birds. This year, I messaged them asking specifically for lavender and they put it up for me lol. I'm hoping to have a decent hatch this time too.
Great advice!!

I have bought turkey and chicken eggs in the past. Best hatch was 8 of a dozen turkey. But 12 out of 5 dozen turkey. 3 chicks out 3 dozen chicken eggs.

A couple batches didn't seem fertile no development.

This year I got 150 bobwhite quail eggs hatched 60.

My luck with shipped eggs isn't the best. Shipped eggs can be rough.

But if it's a breed you want and can't source locally I'd say go for it.

Did you decide on an incubator yet?
Okay, I might not want to risk that. No, not yet. Still looking, I was just curious, how does this incubator look? http://incubatorwarehouse.com/review/product/list/id/181/category/57/
Anybody like Styrofoam incubators here?

I'm praying for your daughter and your pup, @Sally Sunshine! :hugs Btw, sorry for randomly posting guys. :lol: I like to follow the HAL's so that I can learn, even if I'm not hatching. I saw this post and wanted to tell Sally I'm praying. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom