2017 Groundhog Day Hatch-a-long!

Congratulations to those with pips and chicks! I swear my chicks like to hatch during the night. Stayed up until 2am the last two nights to watch our first three.... and now one more egg has started to pip. (it is midnight here
caf.gif
) I know it can take between 12 to 24 hours once they start so at least I can sleep... for now.

Hatch is going to start soon!!! There is an indentation in the air sac, almost an internal pip.
celebrate.gif

I have 2 internal pips also!! And 2 more i can hear pecking so hopefully i get 4/4 this go around congrats to the ones who are pipping and to the already hatches!!! Im jumping up and down over here
1f602.png
Can't wait!!
clap.gif

Final count of 13 eggs that went to lockdown on 2/4 of my meat birds.

Standard Dark Cornish/White Plymouth Rock

6 chicks

Standard Dark Cornish/Madisons

3 Chicks

Total 9 chicks hatched

How adorable, they are so cute!

Just wanted to pop in to ask a question. I have 3 chicks so far, about 2-3 days old. I have seen them eating a LOT. But my issue is that I haven't seen them drinking much. I'm not sure how much they should drink. I dip their beaks in the water once a day to make sure they remember to drink! I just don't catch them drinking on their own except my first one that hatched. I worry too much lol

Just wanted to pop in to ask a question. I have 3 chicks so far, about 2-3 days old. I have seen them eating a LOT. But my issue is that I haven't seen them drinking much. I'm not sure how much they should drink. I dip their beaks in the water once a day to make sure they remember to drink! I just don't catch them drinking on their own except my first one that hatched. I worry too much lol

I guess is that they still have the nutrients from the yolk in their system. Same thing here with mine. I hadn't seen them drink water just eating until today that I came to weigh them I saw them drinking. To be on the safe side keep dipping their beaks...
1f600.png

The waiting game gets harder after the external pip lol i have 1 duxkie thats been externally pipped since about 2ish this morning and im dying to see what it looks like already commmme on out already
1f64a.png
1f649.png
1f648.png

There are two poults bowling in the hatcher and I hear an egg unzipping in there! I hope to have a bator full of fluff in the morning! These guys technically weren't due till Saturday morning lol. But my poults always seem to hatch early.

I guess is that they still have the nutrients from the yolk in their system. Same thing here with mine. I hadn't seen them drink water just eating until today that I came to weigh them I saw them drinking. To be on the safe side keep dipping their beaks...
1f600.png
Thanks! They are drinking more. Seems like they start drinking when they are 3 days old. You must be right, it's the yolk keeping them hydrated.

So great news, my last egg just hatched this morning. 3 weeks ago, 5 eggs.... today 5 chicks!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I was NOT expecting them to all survive my first time doing this. I made so many mistakes, but somehow they all made it! I'm beyond happy!
Good luck to everyone still waiting for their eggs to hatch, I hope you get the same results I did!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom