2018 Hatchalong

Pics
I have 5 assorted goose eggs left, 28 days and they are getting bumpy aircells so it'll be a busy weekend. I got these just in case so I wouldn't have a lone goose. Now that I hatched 2 shetlands I might sell them.

Question I've had this problem in the past and it never turned out well.

My buff gosling is developing a balloon shape thing around the leg and belly area. I know what will happen as it's gonna get bigger and bigger.

My sister is a vet and she will get the air out around the effected area. I'm just wondering what it is, reason for it and what its called?

All I'm getting is balloon syndrome

How are they today?
No external pips yet. 3 internal so far.
Question I've had this problem in the past and it never turned out well.

My buff gosling is developing a balloon shape thing around the leg and belly area. I know what will happen as it's gonna get bigger and bigger.

My sister is a vet and she will get the air out around the effected area. I'm just wondering what it is, reason for it and what its called?

All I'm getting is balloon syndrome
Fingers crossed that your sister can help. I'm eager to learn about this as it's new to me.

0527180939c.jpg
0527180941.jpg
0527180943a.jpg
Egg 6 baby. Looks buff to me....so if I'm right, it's either American buff or buff dewlap toulouse.

Serb, congrats on more goslings! I do not know the medical issue you are talking about, so please let us know what your sister says.

Colly, congrats on the adorable gosling! Looks like a buff dewlap to me.

This is turning out to be a disaster hatching year for me. I have given over a dozen developing eggs to three reliable broodies, only to watch them leave nest or otherwise fail to hatch them. I held back one egg to hatch in my bator this weekend. But the darn thing couldn't turn into correct position and is not able to internally pip, so it's not going to make it. I only have a trio of eggs on day 15 left in bator, and with the way my luck has gone so far, I do not expect any to hatch. So, 2018 will likely be the first time in 6 years without goslings.

Oh well, I guess since I already have 31 geese, I do not "need" more geese.

I have a family of ten Toulouse Geese 2 adults and eight babies. I thought I could handle them raised the adults from babies and the hatched their own. Don’t have the space to keep them and don’t want to split them up. Free to a good home please anyone interested hit me up. I live in Swanton Ohio. Right outside Toledo

Back
Top Bottom