2018 Hatchalong

Pics
Mary, very sorry for the horrible experience. Hope you figure out what went wrong and try again!

Doc, peeping is a great sign. Best of luck the hatch goes smoothly!!

SO i apparently i miscalculated the due date for the geese, and i now have two goslings running around as of monday night, tuesday morning i stayed home to keep an eye one everyone else, because my uncle's eggs were older eggs, of his four eggs two possibly three hatched with beak and eye deformities and didnt live longer than a couple of minutes, my two other embden goslings were accidently smothered while hatching by mom, but i have 11 eggs left of my uncle's, so we'll see what happens...

SO i apparently i miscalculated the due date for the geese, and i now have two goslings running around as of monday night, tuesday morning i stayed home to keep an eye one everyone else, because my uncle's eggs were older eggs, of his four eggs two possibly three hatched with beak and eye deformities and didnt live longer than a couple of minutes, my two other embden goslings were accidently smothered while hatching by mom, but i have 11 eggs left of my uncle's, so we'll see what happens...
I have seen that eggs with long incubation times don't hatch on the exact due date.

Let me check geese....Most of them are about 28 days so expect them from day 26 to day 30. It says that smaller geese are 35 days. That would have a bigger range of due times.

I think i have an embden goose gosling (mine), and a toulhouse gander gosling (my uncle's), they are inside and i'm now raising them, and because my goose is still broody, i gave her eggs set to hatch this weekend or this friday. I am going to ask my uncle if i can keep one of his gosling as mine would get depressed without it, I have named the toulhouse Turtle in the meantime

We woke up to a duckling and a gosling in the incubator this morning. Up to four goslings now. Still hopeful on an egg or two but grateful for what we have! Pictures coming soon!!

Yay for the new hatches! Where's the pics?

Candled my first set today (day 5). Happy to see 9 spiders. Will set one more round tomorrow, then I'll be done gathering eggs for the season. My goal is to hatch at least 4 buff dewlaps, and 1-2 grey dewlaps.

Have plenty of broody girls, with two geese sitting on more dewlap eggs, and 5 ducks (scovy and domestic) sitting on their own eggs. Expect to have plenty of babies running around here soon.

Back
Top Bottom