2018 Newbie Chat!

Pics
Ooh Showgirls! :love
Do you have Silkies?
I don’t know if you know this but there’s at least one hatchery that offers bantam NN.
So...you know, you could make your own Showgirls lol. ;)
I don’t have any yet, but if I can’t find showgirls then silkies are my next go to.
I’ve contacted a local breeder of them to see if she has any hatching eggs available. If I was confident enough that she wouldn’t hurt them I’d get Day olds so her brood time would be shorter. I can’t guarantee it though, as she’s rough with me right now. I just gave her drops of water. She won’t drink or eat at all! Looks like another rough day for my broody EE.

My babies will be 8 weeks old tomorrow and I wanted to share their recent pictures. I know how much I love peeping everyone’s growing babes!

View attachment 1460258
View attachment 1460259
This is Poppy our Swedish Flower Hen. She is seriously the sweetest! What a breed.

View attachment 1460260
This is Zelda our Olive Egger.

View attachment 1460262
This is Rumi our Favaucana.

View attachment 1460263
This is Frida our Easter Egger.

View attachment 1460264
Buckbeak, our Welsummer.

View attachment 1460265
Chicken Little, our Black Copper Marans runt.

View attachment 1460266
Pig, our Splash Ameraucana. My baby.

They are so fun!
Cute babies! :love

Moana and Elsa always lay eggs together in the morning, and they yell and have a big party about it. xD

Also, I'm pretty sure it's Kida laying the green eggs.
She likes to join in the egg song party with Moana and Elsa and I just saw her trying to pile into the nest box next to Moana. There are TWO, Kida. xD

Last edited:
Moana and Elsa always lay eggs together in the morning, and they yell and have a big party about it. xD

Also, I'm pretty sure it's Kida laying the green eggs.
She likes to join in the egg song party with Moana and Elsa and I just saw her trying to pile into the nest box next to Moana. There are TWO, Kida. xD
I have two that lay together. Funny their names are Elsa and Bella.

Back
Top Bottom