2019 Gosling Hatch-A-Long

Update on the youngsters! I sold two adult ganders and one of my females from this year. I now have 2 adult males, 2 adult buff females, 3 young males and 2 young females from this year. Haven't lost a goose this year which is a success! My emus chase away anything usual in my fields which has reduced the fox sitings during the day completely. The emus are my poultry bodyguards.

My goslings from this year are developing their dewlaps earlier than usual and look great! Selective breeding is working. I expect the dewlaps to develop even earlier next year.

One of my females has no dewlap yet and isn't as big as my other female so I might end up selling her as a pair with another gander in 2020.

Long ago my African goslings developed their dewlap after they were a year old at abut 16-18 months. This year they developed a Dewlap at 5 months. These are my future breeders.

Hope everyone and their animals are doing well, we are feeling the brisky wintery weather over here in Ireland.

View attachment 1960101 View attachment 1960102 View attachment 1960103 View attachment 1960104 View attachment 1960105 View attachment 1960106 View attachment 1960107 View attachment 1960108 View attachment 1960110 View attachment 1960111 View attachment 1960112 View attachment 1960113
A shipping container house!! Mind blown!! What a wonderful idea...if I had the room I would take full advantage of that! Have you seen the houses and offices people are building with them now?

Beautiful birds by the way! Keep up the good work!

A shipping container house!! Mind blown!! What a wonderful idea...if I had the room I would take full advantage of that! Have you seen the houses and offices people are building with them now?

Beautiful birds by the way! Keep up the good work!

Yeah I was lucky to have it! When I moved from the Netherlands to Ireland we had to use a container which 17 years later still stands on the same spot haha.

It's 12 meters long and 4 meters wide. 8 meters for the geese and other poultry and 4 meters for hay and straw. Very strong, wind proof, no mite problems, sun heats up the inside and super easy to clean.

And thank you

My geese are mating a lot now and my buff female and my brown male are an official couple.

Curious if I might get eggs in the end.

Also got 4 new guineafowl for my lonely guinea hen.

One purple, 2 lavender and one pure white. They're settling in nicely. Got 1 male and 4 females now.

Extra predator alarms are always needed

Very cool, Serv. Will that pairing throw any buff babies? In toulouse land, a grey male with buff female only throws grey babies, but the boys will have the buff gene.

Yes it will thankfully, I only have ganders now with the Buff gene. Any normal brown ganders I had were sold this year.

All the ganders I now have including the male goslings from this year have Buff genes, so next year I will 100% have a few buff gozzies.

Back
Top Bottom