2019 Gosling Hatch-A-Long

Serv -- did you find any eggs? One of my geese surprised me a couple of days ago with an egg. I'm not sure who laid it, but my grey dewlap ganders are acting like it is breeding season. Winter is only getting started here. They need to cut it out!

No egg yet so far I know, my 6 month old female who never mated or had any interest has been mating with one of my 4 year old ganders the past week.

All geese are now active. I've never had this before may I just add!

It seems like I usually have one or two girls lay in the fall, and then a few that like to start super early in the spring, then some that only lay in May/June. My group does not like to follow the established rules for breeding/laying.

Luckily I have only seen the one egg at my place, which became wildlife food, and only my grew dewlaps are acting silly. We've had a pretty early start to winter, and I have a feeling spring will come early next year. Only 3 weeks until we have to start the 2020 thread. :)

My geese all lay in March and April and the odd one in May. I've a feeling I might get eggs earlier than usual in 2020.

I don't mind if my females lay in January because the weather gets warmer in February and March.

Either way any eggs I get will be incubated and born in 2020 for the 2020 hatch along ;)

Back
Top Bottom