2020 Fall Ducklings 🦆💖

Pics
Damn you BYC! - The last word (egg) of your first sentence was wrapped into the second line, so i read:

»I got an egg from Brandy this morning and something had eaten the little Hilde«​

And was already yelling "Oh NO! Not again!" in my brain.
:th
Good that Hilde is still with us!
I know. Every day without an eating is a good day.

Take the rifle with you inside and shoot out of the window. That's how i got one of the pesky Raccoon-Brothers from here.
I was sitting on the porch, rifle in my hand and i knew he was out there. Went inside for a moment, came back out and he dashed out of the duck-house where he stole pellets.
Next time i sat down with a broomstick in my lap, went inside to the dining room where i had the rifle ready and the window open. One shot straight into the head, done…
When they saw me taking the rifle inside they wouldn't come out.

20200929_113039.jpg
They all look like this

Just the one. They are not moving yet but are growing according to schedule. Usually I have a non fertile or quitter by now but all 7 are going good. These all belong to Brandy my favorite duck. Favorite duck usually means doom around here. So I try to hatch some babies. Lets face it, I'm addicted to hatching. I said no more till spring and then somehow the incubated is going. I am down to 12 from 24. So I guess I thought I had room.

Just the one. They are not moving yet but are growing according to schedule. Usually I have a non fertile or quitter by now but all 7 are going good. These all belong to Brandy my favorite duck. Favorite duck usually means doom around here. So I try to hatch some babies. Lets face it, I'm addicted to hatching. I said no more till spring and then somehow the incubated is going. I am down to 12 from 24. So I guess I thought I had room.
There's nothing better than the smell of winter-ducklings in your living room! :gig

Back
Top Bottom