2020 Fall Ducklings 🦆💖

We had the first four escapees yesterday! - Somehow they overcame the fence between the duckling and the grown-up meadow and ventured into the grown-up's area.
full
Being grown-up the flock handled the situation well and called for the "manager"…

@Magnolia Ducks Here is a comparison of two of my inhouse chocolate anconas and the one mixed breed that I purchased to raise with the black & white drake so he would not be alone.
These are my youngest, they were born in June & July. In December the senior drake will be reunited with his flock.

Attachments

• Part of 2020 Ancona additions.png
    Part of 2020 Ancona additions.png
    915.4 KB · Views: 6
A really cute moment this afternoon: The ducklings were busy exploring their pasture while i was busy cleaning out their house, when suddenly one of those big metal birds from the National Guard flew straight over our heads…
Next thing i noticed were thirteen loudly peeping ducklings running towards me and huddling around my rubber boots, seeking protection! That was so cute! I sat down with them and they were loudly quaxing me about that dangerous bird in the sky, jumping into my lap! - And pooppainting on my HillBilly trousers…
Now they refuse to go inside of their huddle hut and lie in the breeze, despite the fact that the temperature is already down to 7°(46F):
full

Oh goodness! That's the best! I love little ducklings. They are the softest creature ever, next to my greyhound's ears. :love
The two White Layers have been tentatively named Fluffy and Flauschi because they are true fluff-butts - Flauschi is German and means the same as Fluffy, the English spelling would be Flaushi without the "c"…

Last edited:
@Magnolia Ducks Here is a comparison of two of my inhouse chocolate anconas and the one mixed breed that I purchased to raise with the black & white drake so he would not be alone.
These are my youngest, they were born in June & July. In December the senior drake will be reunited with his flock.
I love them. Hurry up and move so I can have some eggs :ya

Back
Top Bottom