2020 Flock Life

Which came first: the chicken or the egg?

• Chicken

Votes: 90 54.2%
  • Egg

Votes: 55 33.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 21 12.7%

• Total voters
Pics
I almost forgot! My Dad and I made a roost with a poop board yesterday! The trays are tops of ice machines. The idea is that it would be easier to pop them out to deep clean them when they get really nasty. I plan to have a thin layer of sweet pdz so I can scoop the poop easily. Hopefully it works🤞🏻View attachment 2068677
That is an awesome idea for one...I hope the clean up goes like you're expecting! It sure is nice to find a way to cut down on chore time! 💞

I want to try and implement one in our coop once we fully decide how we are going to orientate the new roost bars, I will be able to see if a poop board will work! 🙂

Last edited:
It's definitely hard to balance work and home life, add animals into the mix and it's even harder! I'm glad you were able to get your shed moved...that's no small task! We just moved our rabbit hutch, thank goodness my son is here to help us or it would be much more difficult!

I'm excited to see pictures of your birds! 💞

Moving the shed was certainly a two person job too, absolutely no way I could move that 😅 Glad you got your rabbit hutch moved too!

I’ll definitely share photos here when I get them, as long as people are ok with that? I know exotic birds aren’t exactly chicken flock life but they’re still birds!

Anyways, I wanted to share where one of our laying hens ‘Paint Job’ lays her egg each day. She now hops into the dogs toy box to lay them.

3418F44B-3682-455F-8A47-7AC5E33DC845.jpeg

4FF5F2E1-B89E-4335-99A4-B6FF22A775C9.jpeg

4643A053-C760-49B5-A451-731F161B0B4A.jpeg

Moving the shed was certainly a two person job too, absolutely no way I could move that 😅 Glad you got your rabbit hutch moved too!

I’ll definitely share photos here when I get them, as long as people are ok with that? I know exotic birds aren’t exactly chicken flock life but they’re still birds!

Anyways, I wanted to share where one of our laying hens ‘Paint Job’ lays her egg each day. She now hops into the dogs toy box to lay them.

View attachment 2068683
View attachment 2068685
View attachment 2068686
My thread has info on everything we are doing, which includes chickens, pigs and rabbits! I don't think anyone minds! I know I love to see what birds, dogs, cats etc...that everyone has!

She's so cute, so funny the places they can choose to lay their eggs...I mean that looks so much more comfortable than a nesting box with hay...funny girl! 💞

Got the duck shed done :)
I set up a few roosts for the chickens that I’m Moving in their tonight.
View attachment 2068049

View attachment 2068041View attachment 2068043View attachment 2068044View attachment 2068045View attachment 2068046View attachment 2068047View attachment 2068048

they’ll still all be together, the duck shed is close to the chicken coop.
I haven’t set up any nesting boxes because I still want the hens to lay in the coops nesting area. 😃
I love this place!! So cool!

I was just getting ready to head outside when I heard a notification, with relief, I ran to the computer to see what it was....I really don't want to go out... 😂 :lau 😂

I hope that this years season will not be bad! I pray for everyone in the path of one, whenever we hear about it! I really shouldn't complain about the wind so much, it's nothing compared to a "T"!

:gig :lau :gig:lau

Yeah... T season is a nail biter for all!! Wind is nice... It's nice and soft now and I'm about ready to go to sleep!

Back
Top Bottom