2020 Flock Life

Which came first: the chicken or the egg?

• Chicken

Votes: 90 54.2%
  • Egg

Votes: 55 33.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 21 12.7%

• Total voters
Pics
Dawww...thank you. The cat is definitely a character. See second picture...
Our little dog, Ez, is a yorkie/pomeranian/poodle mix. His fur is like a yorkie's in texture and coloration. He started out all black, except a little white locket (see attached picture), but has faded to this unique grey black.
HOLY GORGEOUS! Your whole crew is just lovely!
Is Bon Jovi cafe au lait? Whatever he is....gorgeous!
My standard, Goodelife's Deep Psy (Psy), is usually pretty shaggy, but attached is a photo from when he first came to me. Sigh.....

:love

Loving your browns!!!😍😍😍😍😍
If you want, you can join the "Browns thread"
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/show-off-your-laying-brown-red-hens.1347081/

WOOOOOWWWW!!!! I love this birds!! are this chickens? :love:love:love:love
Super wow!!!

AWESOME!! :love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love

😍

Definetly WOW!!!!!

They are Snowflake Bobwhite Quails 😁

Wow what beautiful photos of birds, cats, dogs !! Are the small birds quail?

Yes they are Snowflake Bobwhite Quails! 🙂

wow! Those quail are beautiful!!
I’ve never seen that colour of quail before.
beautiful! :love

They are definitely a colour that stands out! And thankyou! ☺️

This morning the sun is shining and the chickens are loving it! Many melted feather puddles were happening, so I took advantage of it and took some photos!
IMG_20200306_075331721.jpg
Dijon, Olive Egger
IMG_20200306_075341855.jpg
General Tao, GT for short. Barred Rock mix.
IMG_20200306_075407963.jpg
The melted cloud is Pepper(buff splash brahma); Molé (black Columbian Brahma); and Hershey (Australorp)
IMG_20200306_075514674.jpg
Hopper (RIR or Buckeye not sure) she hogs the best box FOREVER!
IMG_20200306_075521867.jpg
Soy (Barred Rock mix) she's not scarred of Hopper haha!
IMG_20200306_080433695.jpg
Babies!!!
IMG_20200306_080314123.jpg IMG_20200306_080214607.jpg IMG_20200306_080142884.jpg IMG_20200306_080035216.jpg IMG_20200306_080013407.jpg
Just a few of the cutest little nuggets! No names yet but as soon as we confirm girl they get a name.
IMG_20200306_075646240.jpg
This is Snoopy, he's an Anatolian shepherd he weighs 150lbs and rests his paws almost on my shoulders (5'6")! He's in protecting training he can get close to the flock but not reach them and we make sure he has plenty of toys so he's not bored. He's an awesome boy!
IMG_20200306_075355542.jpg IMG_20200306_075254368_HDR.jpg
Cajun (Speckled Sussex) just got out of first molt. And Sundae (Australorp with a growl lol!)

IMG_20200306_075242056.jpg IMG_20200306_075236815.jpg
Chase (golden comet, she's kinda mean) And Yoshi Mitsu ( cinnamon queen, busy body)
IMG_20200306_075225199.jpg
These are our successful Brahma mix babies! Paninni is beautiful! He's the buff looking boy in back. Mom is Dijon. Frosting is a bit of a jerk, tried to get me today. He's the white/splash boy, Dijon is his mom too. I think he's jealous that Swirl picked Paninni. Oops!
Swirl is Yoshi's daughter, and she's the sweetest thing! Which matches Paninni as he's pretty sweet too. We are looking at rehoming Frosting since his personality is not ideal.
Anyways, hope everyone has an awesome Friday!!!

This morning the sun is shining and the chickens are loving it! Many melted feather puddles were happening, so I took advantage of it and took some photos!
View attachment 2043549
Dijon, Olive Egger
View attachment 2043550
General Tao, GT for short. Barred Rock mix.
View attachment 2043551
The melted cloud is Pepper(buff splash brahma); Molé (black Columbian Brahma); and Hershey (Australorp)
View attachment 2043552
Hopper (RIR or Buckeye not sure) she hogs the best box FOREVER!
View attachment 2043553
Soy (Barred Rock mix) she's not scarred of Hopper haha!
View attachment 2043554
Babies!!!
View attachment 2043555View attachment 2043556View attachment 2043557View attachment 2043558View attachment 2043559
Just a few of the cutest little nuggets! No names yet but as soon as we confirm girl they get a name.
View attachment 2043560
This is Snoopy, he's an Anatolian shepherd he weighs 150lbs and rests his paws almost on my shoulders (5'6")! He's in protecting training he can get close to the flock but not reach them and we make sure he has plenty of toys so he's not bored. He's an awesome boy!
View attachment 2043561View attachment 2043562
Cajun (Speckled Sussex) just got out of first molt. And Sundae (Australorp with a growl lol!)

View attachment 2043563View attachment 2043564
Chase (golden comet, she's kinda mean) And Yoshi Mitsu ( cinnamon queen, busy body)
View attachment 2043566
These are our successful Brahma mix babies! Paninni is beautiful! He's the buff looking boy in back. Mom is Dijon. Frosting is a bit of a jerk, tried to get me today. He's the white/splash boy, Dijon is his mom too. I think he's jealous that Swirl picked Paninni. Oops!
Swirl is Yoshi's daughter, and she's the sweetest thing! Which matches Paninni as he's pretty sweet too. We are looking at rehoming Frosting since his personality is not ideal.
Anyways, hope everyone has an awesome Friday!!!

Beautiful photos!:love
I love the colours on your Brahma mixes, I cannot wait till our RIRx Brahma mix grows up. I’m liking the pencilling on her feathers so far.
880165E9-7B60-4C61-A7CA-4B852157A439.jpeg

Pepper Is the image of one of our girls.:lol:
cute dog!

I’ve had quite a busy Friday so far. Just got home from college a few hours ago.
Now that the days are starting to get longer I don’t have to worry about getting back too late.
I’ve been leaving music on outside with the chickens all day anyways to help deter any predators, so far it has been working :fl
The dogs are great help too.

I know how you feel. Claude had a fight with his father but lost so I put him in a field I own with my second LF flock with the current cockerel Adolf, thinking that they would get on with all that room and ladies but Claude removed him from the entire field after two days of constant fighting!View attachment 2043052View attachment 2043053
Claude vs. Shelley

View attachment 2043054
Claude vs. Adolf

I really don't understand why he has to be horrible to Adolf but hey ho. 🤷‍♂️🙁😂 Adolf is now living the life of royalty completely free range with his new flock.
Our two boys seem to have calmed down now today, there was a bit of chasing going on this morning though.. hopefully that’s the end of it. :oops:

Beautiful photos!:love
I love the colours on your Brahma mixes, I cannot wait till our RIRx Brahma mix grows up. I’m liking the pencilling on her feathers so far.
View attachment 2043915

Pepper Is the image of one of our girls.:lol:
cute dog!

I’ve had quite a busy Friday so far. Just got home from college a few hours ago.
Now that the days are starting to get longer I don’t have to worry about getting back too late.
I’ve been leaving music on outside with the chickens all day anyways to help deter any predators, so far it has been working :fl
The dogs are great help too.

Oh she is gorgeous! Swirl has a similar look to her, maybe she's Hopper's girl instead :confused: their eggs are so similar. I love the penciling in yours! So pretty!

Thanks! :love he's my buddy, he's bonded to me which is good and bad. He tells me when my anxiety is getting high and starts calming me. But I don't want him to see that as his job so I try to not encourage it.

Oh fun! What are you studying? I wish I had finished college.

If I could get an electrician to properly wire my barn I'd love to try that music idea! Radios don't work too well out here. Hopefully it keeps working for you!

Today my hubs gave me the ok to order the last few breeds I wanted to add to our mix. They'll be here next week! Partridge Cochin, Barnevelder, Light and Dark Brahma, and for my oldest son some more Lakeshore Eggers to replace the one that the coyote got.

I got Giants for my middle son, and got more Barred Rocks and Golden Comets for my youngest son. :gig I'm a nice mom. Lol! The other breeds we've gotten and are getting next week is for me :oops::idunno:gig:gigso busy buying day.... Oops! Lol!

Oh she is gorgeous! Swirl has a similar look to her, maybe she's Hopper's girl instead :confused: their eggs are so similar. I love the penciling in yours! So pretty!

Thanks! :love he's my buddy, he's bonded to me which is good and bad. He tells me when my anxiety is getting high and starts calming me. But I don't want him to see that as his job so I try to not encourage it.

Oh fun! What are you studying? I wish I had finished college.

If I could get an electrician to properly wire my barn I'd love to try that music idea! Radios don't work too well out here. Hopefully it keeps working for you!

Today my hubs gave me the ok to order the last few breeds I wanted to add to our mix. They'll be here next week! Partridge Cochin, Barnevelder, Light and Dark Brahma, and for my oldest son some more Lakeshore Eggers to replace the one that the coyote got.

I got Giants for my middle son, and got more Barred Rocks and Golden Comets for my youngest son. :gig I'm a nice mom. Lol! The other breeds we've gotten and are getting next week is for me :oops::idunno:gig:gigso busy buying day.... Oops! Lol!

Just studying basic maths and English at the moment, I’m not very good at maths but I’m doing good so far lol. I need to do them to get into the art course that I’m hoping to start at the end of this year.
those are some nice breeds! Are you getting them as chicks or adults? :)

Back
Top Bottom