2020 Flock Life

Which came first: the chicken or the egg?

• Chicken

Votes: 90 54.2%
  • Egg

Votes: 55 33.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 21 12.7%

• Total voters
Pics
IMG_20200408_182833_311.jpg

Hi all! I am new to this site and new to owning my own chickens! I live in Columbia, SC where it is now in the 70s and 80s already! If only it would stay this temp all summer, but it will only get hotter.
Anyways, everyone, meet my Apocalypse Chickens! They are named after the Four Henchmen of the Apocalypse: Famine (TL), Pestilence (TR), Death (BL) and Plague (BR). Yes I know I forgot War because Pestilence and Plague are the same but they already own their names. Also, according to some of the more experienced on this site, it is nearly 100% possible that Plague is male so that will cause a change of plans.

View attachment 2081669
Hi all! I am new to this site and new to owning my own chickens! I live in Columbia, SC where it is now in the 70s and 80s already! If only it would stay this temp all summer, but it will only get hotter.
Anyways, everyone, meet my Apocalypse Chickens! They are named after the Four Henchmen of the Apocalypse: Famine (TL), Pestilence (TR), Death (BL) and Plague (BR). Yes I know I forgot War because Pestilence and Plague are the same but they already own their names. Also, according to some of the more experienced on this site, it is nearly 100% possible that Plague is male so that will cause a change of plans.
Welcome...those names...lol! Cute chicks!!! :)

View attachment 2081669
Crack up at those names! :gig

View attachment 2081669

Welcome!!
Funny names :lau lovely chicks!
Nice to meet you!:frow

I have a broody.. so I may get a few more babies... :ya.... do any of you know if this is something they do when they go broody? Picked her up and noticed bare belly...:confused:...View attachment 2081745View attachment 2081746View attachment 2081747View attachment 2081748
Yes, they do this to get more contact with the eggs. Congrats!!:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy
Wow, I had no idea...good to know! Congratulations...I can't wait to see your new littles!!! :jumpy

Back
Top Bottom