2022/2023 Emu Hatch-a-Long

Pics
I have a bit of a problem. An egg of mine internally peed wesnday I belave. But has not yet externally peeped. An egg that internally peeped after this one has externally peeped today. It has started to huff and puff, I'm not sure what to do any advice

I have a bit of a problem. An egg of mine internally peed wesnday I belave. But has not yet externally peeped. An egg that internally peeped after this one has externally peeped today. It has started to huff and puff, I'm not sure what to do any advice

I would do a small safety hole in it. But also be aware that often if they can't externally pip, there could be a problem with the chick. It might just be a simple malposition, in which case no issues, but it also might have problems that would result in you having to cull.

Or maybe it's just a slowpoke! In which case the safety hole still doesn't hurt.

I would do a small safety hole in it. But also be aware that often if they can't externally pip, there could be a problem with the chick. It might just be a simple malposition, in which case no issues, but it also might have problems that would result in you having to cull.

Or maybe it's just a slowpoke! In which case the safety hole still doesn't hurt.
Thanks i will probably do a saftey hole. I drill a small hole by where the air sack was right? I think its probably because of bloat the one that did hatch was bloated so I'm thinking that's probably why he hast got out yey.

Thanks i will probably do a saftey hole. I drill a small hole by where the air sack was right? I think its probably because of bloat the one that did hatch was bloated so I'm thinking that's probably why he hast got out yey.

Yes, a small hole in the air cell. I use a drill bit to do it. Go very slow because the chick is in there at this point and you don't want to hit it.

55C89426-E7C9-4213-9461-0EF070DAB80C.jpeg
Hatched a white baby two days ago from a shipped egg!

Back
Top Bottom