2022 Chick Order

They sound so sweet! And I’m such a sucker for floofy faces (hoping hatchery quality won’t disappoint)
This is my SF chick. She is a GIANT!

Attachments

• IMG_20211129_164413.jpg
    IMG_20211129_164413.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 13
I haven't gotten a mystery chick before. I know it will most likely be a roo, but I'm hoping I get lucky and it's not haha.
My girls are pulling for a roo because they want hatching eggs 🙄 We already rehomed two and I’m good with my henny pennies thank you very much! Already dreading those darn bantam straight runs and envisioning all boys

I ordered the large cackle surprise box for a March 2022 hatch date!!

FYI:

One thing I thought was strange was when ordering it made me click a box agreeing to use a heat lamp vs my usual sweeter heater, or any heat plate for that matter.
I thought that was odd, considering heat lamps are risky as far as fire goes.
Of course I am not going to risk burning down my coop, and the horse barn.

I’d love to hear about your chick orders too!

I haven't put together an order yet, but I was talking to DH last night about needing to cycle out the current adults as they approach molt next fall and to replace some of the birds I have with ones that will lay larger eggs since we want to sell eggs and the medium eggs we get the most of won't sell well.

So I want a replacement Light Brahma, a Dark Brahma, a number of Delawares including a male, a replacement California White (or maybe a couple), and *maybe* something that's likely to lay blue -- though I'm only planning to order through Ideal. Welp's 25 chick minimum is just too many to handle.

I intend to order extras and sell started pullets, but not so very many at once.

I also plan to do some hatching.

How many minimum from Ideal?

$30 worth. No numerical minimum, just a cost minimum.

Though for very small orders, especially in cold weather, you may have to either agree to "extra males for warmth" (aka, free chicken dinners), or you may have to purchase special packaging with heat packs and extra bedding.

https://www.idealpoultry.com/order_policies

Back
Top Bottom