2022 Chicks - Cackle Experience

This is so fun, your eggs are so pretty. My 3 BO are all girls and one sprouted a super comb a week ago, mine are only 18 weeks but they are fun. We have one hatched EE cockerel and the rest are female.
a friend of mine moved a couple weeks ago, she asked me to take her 5 chickens, all laying. We have had 4-5 eggs a day since 3 days after they arrived. Only one hangs out with the little girls and one was really mean at first but she has improved. My rooster just started trying to crow yesterday and it’s the darnedest thing. All of my friends chicks are brown egg layers, as are most of mine. I have 2 EE hens, the future will bring a little color to my basket.
They should be laying soon mine started laying at 21 weeks.

At 21 wks my Brahmas have not started laying yet but their combs are turning red and my rooster is showing interest in them...and they right back. I have 4 and one of them was a lot larger than the other 3 so thought it could be a roo but turned out not to be. I guess she's just a larger one. They all seem healthy and pretty calm. I have one blue Ameraucanas that seems a little high strung ...all the other 29 are calm.
They will be laying soon mine i think started this weeks so they are 22 weeks. Brahmas being a large fowl bird take longer to lay.

Hello Cackle friends! Now that my flock is 21wks I have gotten my first eggs from my flock. So far only the olive Eggers are laying but others are getting close. Out of 30 pullet chicks ordered, all were female so good job Cackle. My flock included light Brahmas, welsumers, variety of Marans, Ameraucanas and austra whites. My austra white, daisy is beautiful and not flighty at all and has become a favorite. So my experience so far has been excellent, exceeding my expectations. When my other breeds start laying I'll post those pics as well so you can see the color quality of those as well View attachment 3212913olive egger (welsumer x crested cream legbar) and eggs below View attachment 3212897

Austra whiteView attachment 3212905
That's amazing, I have never seen eggs that color! Almost ... the color of putty? So much variety, so many possibilities!

We got our first mini egg yesterday. We were not 100% sure who laid it but I’m 90% sure it’s a buff orp. Then today we got another tiny egg and this time we know it was our Buttercup BO who was chattering all morning at my kitchen door, in hindsight I see she wanted to let me know her plans and cause for celebration. Here is Buttercup‘s egg next to our adult BO Maisie 2‘s egg.

and my rooster will not leave my baby buffs alone he tries to mate them all the time. He is our only rooster and we have 14 hens so I’m hoping he is not terrible. I don’t need him to stay but I don’t mind him staying if he is a good boy, so far he has been great.

Attachments

• EF442E90-361E-4CB6-9538-EDB255D237D7.jpeg
    EF442E90-361E-4CB6-9538-EDB255D237D7.jpeg
    384.6 KB · Views: 6
All 3 of my Welsumers are laying now and I thought I'd share the variety of wonderful speckledness they lay so that all interested in the breed could see what variances you might get from Cackle's chicks. Also, this breed makes a loud wailing sound...it's different/unique from my others. When I first heard it I thought it was a distressed human LOL.
PXL_20220827_214923979~2.jpg
PXL_20220827_221536899.MP~3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom