2022 Chicks - Cackle Experience

Pics

SpicyDisaster

Songster
May 30, 2021
Eastern WA
IT'S TIME!:celebrate:celebrateStarting a thread to track the experience and post follow ups as the chicks grow.

First order of the season:
Screenshot_20220228-193024_Gmail.jpg

At 11:50AM the last leg of the countdown began with an email from Cackle saying the order has shipped. :wee

Wait... not exactly. A shipping label has been created but don't get excited and don't get worried. It should be scanned when received at the post office (though sometimes it isn't).

So of course I've signed up for text shipping updates and still find myself checking the tracking number hourly. Sigh. Waiting is so hard!

In the meantime, got the brooder setup and figured out the correct heat lamp height for when the chicks get here. We should be able to turn on the light as soon as we get the call from the post office. I'm really really hoping for Wednesday arrival so I can get the chicks myself, kiddo has wisdom teeth getting removed Thursday morning meaning hubby would have to do the honors and he's not that great with pictures.

Two days... Maybe three... I can do this...
:barnie

IT'S TIME!:celebrate:celebrateStarting a thread to track the experience and post follow ups as the chicks grow.

View attachment 3009348

At 11:50AM the last leg of the countdown began with an email from Cackle saying the order has shipped. :wee

Wait... not exactly. A shipping label has been created but don't get excited and don't get worried. It should be scanned when received at the post office (though sometimes it isn't).

So of course I've signed up for text shipping updates and still find myself checking the tracking number hourly. Sigh. Waiting is so hard!

In the meantime, got the brooder setup and figured out the correct heat lamp height for when the chicks get here. We should be able to turn on the light as soon as we get the call from the post office. I'm really really hoping for Wednesday arrival so I can get the chicks myself, kiddo has wisdom teeth getting removed Thursday morning meaning hubby would have to do the honors and he's not that great with pictures.

Just got ours today, I feel you on the constant checking emails, texts, tracking number!! Lol

Tracking updated via text saying chicks are in Kansas City MO now with an estimated delivery by Friday :hit I triple checked this on the USPS website just in case the text was somehow incorrect. It wasn't.

I'm not gonna panic (yet) as I read a few other threads with estimated delivery Friday and received on Wednesday. Fingers crossed.

Yessssss to the constant tracking checking!!! It’s so hard to not obsess over it every minute 😂 So excited for you!
I've accepted this obsession and am just going to fully embrace it. :D

Just got ours today, I feel you on the constant checking emails, texts, tracking number!! Lol
Did you get your chicks today or your notice today?? If your chicks, when did they ship out? If your notice, then we are in the obsessive refreshing game together!

View attachment 3009348

I'm right there with ya, my ladies shipped today

Back
Top Bottom