2023/2024 Emu Hatch-A-Long

Question: With shipped eggs or as your gathering enough to start incubating, your beginning incubation weight will decrease before actually starting incubation. How does that effect the over all weight loss goal? Or does the acceptable 10 to 20% loss take that into account? 🤷‍♀️

After my current 9 are hatched or not, the local breeder I was hatching a few for is going to give me another batch to hatch. They have been collected over the last 4 weeks or so. I know you can start incubation as far as 40 days out (according to some online resources), but it may effect viablilty. Which is one of the reasons I am curious about the question above.

Question: With shipped eggs or as your gathering enough to start incubating, your beginning incubation weight will decrease before actually starting incubation. How does that effect the over all weight loss goal? Or does the acceptable 10 to 20% loss take that into account? 🤷‍♀️

I always weighed right as I set them and counted that as the starting weight. I don't track weight any more - too many eggs, LOL.

This is getting exciting. Stil only real hopeful for 3, but all 9 are still in. 1st two are on day 52. 2nd two day 48 and last five (with the 3 wiggling) day 47. Temps ranged from 96.5 to 97.5 at any given time so looking for pips any day now.

Do you stop turning and allow them to roll into the position the egg wants to naturally rest? If so what day do you do that? I did stop turning the oldest two a day ago. Thanks!

I’m a little late to the chat, but this is my first year incubating emu eggs! We are currently on day 39 with two eggs that were set 1/7. I’ve gotten small wiggles from both eggs so I’m hoping that I’m doing something right 😬🤞🏻I have two more eggs I ordered from eBay that should be arriving by early next week that I will be putting in the incubator as well. I’ve hatched many other eggs but these emu eggs have been an emotional rollercoaster 😅 I will see if I can attach a clip of the small wiggles I’ve gotten, however I’m not sure how to do that. (I’m new to this forum if it isn’t obvious yet)

I’m a little late to the chat, but this is my first year incubating emu eggs! We are currently on day 39 with two eggs that were set 1/7. I’ve gotten small wiggles from both eggs so I’m hoping that I’m doing something right 😬🤞🏻I have two more eggs I ordered from eBay that should be arriving by early next week that I will be putting in the incubator as well. I’ve hatched many other eggs but these emu eggs have been an emotional rollercoaster 😅 I will see if I can attach a clip of the small wiggles I’ve gotten, however I’m not sure how to do that. (I’m new to this forum if it isn’t obvious yet)

You can upload the clip to a site like YouTube or Facebook, then use the URL to post it here :)

Very exciting! Hoping they both hatch for you!

My first year too! I have 3 of 9 about to hatch, maybe more. They are leveling out so any day now.

I also got 12 more today I am incubating for a local guy just for the fun of it and he doesn't have time this year. I am also picking up 4 more this weekend for me. So another 16 and 50 some days to go! Keeps me from putting any call ducks or Sebastopol geese eggs in right now😂

Got more eggs today! Two from Oregon from the blonde/white pairs that me and my friend are splitting, and two from a local friend I nabbed to make sure if only one shipped egg hatch, it's not a lone chick. Those will go in tomorrow.

Got more eggs today! Two from Oregon from the blonde/white pairs that me and my friend are splitting, and two from a local friend I nabbed to make sure if only one shipped egg hatch, it's not a lone chick. Those will go in tomorrow.
Yay! Exciting!! I hope you get your white emu baby!

Very exciting! Hoping they both hatch for you!

My first year too! I have 3 of 9 about to hatch, maybe more. They are leveling out so any day now.

I also got 12 more today I am incubating for a local guy just for the fun of it and he doesn't have time this year. I am also picking up 4 more this weekend for me. So another 16 and 50 some days to go! Keeps me from putting any call ducks or Sebastopol geese eggs in right now😂
There aren’t many local breeders where I’m at unfortunately so I was incredibly lucky to have found these two eggs! (Still had to drive an hour)
The two Ebay eggs were an accident 😂 there was a low bid on them so I figured why not… then I forgot about it for a few days until I got an email saying I won the bid 🫣 I’m hoping they survive the trip.

I hear ya though, if it weren’t for these emu eggs I would have chicken and goose eggs incubating right now lol

Back
Top Bottom