2023/2024 Emu Hatch-A-Long

There aren’t many local breeders where I’m at unfortunately so I was incredibly lucky to have found these two eggs! (Still had to drive an hour)
The two Ebay eggs were an accident 😂 there was a low bid on them so I figured why not… then I forgot about it for a few days until I got an email saying I won the bid 🫣 I’m hoping they survive the trip.

I hear ya though, if it weren’t for these emu eggs I would have chicken and goose eggs incubating right now lol
I had a "surprise" Ebay win also. Lol! Who is your seller and how great are they shipping?

@Pyxis I am dying of impatience here! The three that I am confident are alive are on day 50, incubated at about 97 to 97.5. They started leveling out yesterday. Today they're still wiggling, but nobody's whistling back. No external pipping. Tell me to be patient! I was dreaming about them hatching all night. Surprisingly I didn't go into look but did have some very odd dreams about them🤣

Do these eggs look like they have the proper amount of “lean” for day 40? I’m getting tiny wiggles from them both. The first one is more active though. It’s also smaller. I’m so paranoid 😬😂

Attachments

• BFA957D9-08DC-46BA-9211-720E1EBCCB68.jpeg
    BFA957D9-08DC-46BA-9211-720E1EBCCB68.jpeg
    394.3 KB · Views: 10
  • B4F24F22-CE1A-410C-959E-86DBA3EC1118.jpeg
    B4F24F22-CE1A-410C-959E-86DBA3EC1118.jpeg
    424.3 KB · Views: 7
@Pyxis I am dying of impatience here! The three that I am confident are alive are on day 50, incubated at about 97 to 97.5. They started leveling out yesterday. Today they're still wiggling, but nobody's whistling back. No external pipping. Tell me to be patient! I was dreaming about them hatching all night. Surprisingly I didn't go into look but did have some very odd dreams about them🤣

Be patient! Lol.

I wouldn't worry about them yet. Especially with the temperature being at 97 at some points, they could take up to 55 days or more.

At least I'm not the only one that dreams of hatching emus :p

Be patient! Lol.

I wouldn't worry about them yet. Especially with the temperature being at 97 at some points, they could take up to 55 days or more.

At least I'm not the only one that dreams of hatching emus :p
Thank you!! I thought when they level out that meant they have internally pipped? I guess thats why I was wondering. They are still wiggling so that's good, still no whistling!

Yes, the dreams were crazy. One hatched out with this crazy like 10" 80's style bangs in front 🤣

Thank you!! I thought when they level out that meant they have internally pipped? I guess thats why I was wondering. They are still wiggling so that's good, still no whistling!

It means they are getting into the hatching position, and will internally pip soon, or have internally pipped :)

Yes, the dreams were crazy. One hatched out with this crazy like 10" 80's style bangs in front 🤣

I get stress dreams about it sometimes, LOL. Like, there will be SO many chicks in the incubator and I'm trying to pick them up and carry them to the brooder, but there are just tons and tons and I can't hold them all and they keep coming, haha.

Do these eggs look like they have the proper amount of “lean” for day 40? I’m getting tiny wiggles from them both. The first one is more active though. It’s also smaller. I’m so paranoid 😬😂

Looks good to me! And of course the wiggling is a great sign.

It means they are getting into the hatching position, and will internally pip soon, or have internally pipped :)

I get stress dreams about it sometimes, LOL. Like, there will be SO many chicks in the incubator and I'm trying to pick them up and carry them to the brooder, but there are just tons and tons and I can't hold them all and they keep coming, haha.
That's so funny 🤣

Back
Top Bottom