Ended 2023 Valentine's Day Contest Series—Some Poultry Are Red, Some Are Blue, But Let's Not Forget, They Can Be Barred Too!

Pics

Lacy Duckwing

𝓓𝓾𝓬𝓴𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓟𝓱𝓸𝓽𝓸𝓰𝓻𝓪𝓹𝓱𝔂
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Nov 6, 2017
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
Some chickens are red, and some chickens are blue, but let's not forget, they can be barred too!.png

This photo contest is brought to you by our BYC Sponsors
(click to view & support them)

2023 Valentine's Day Contest Series
Some Poultry Are Red, Some Are Blue, But Let's Not Forget, They Can Be Barred Too!
Ends on February 19th, 2023

Poultry come in a myriad of colors. For this Valentine's day contest, we're looking for poultry to pair with the "Some Poultry Are Red, Some Are Blue, But Let's Not Forget, They Can Be Barred Too!" rhyme. So grab your camera and show us your favorite Red, Blue, & Barred domestic poultry.

There will be at least three prizes, so share photos of your red, blue, or barred domestic poultry for a chance to win one of the prizes shown below. If entries warrant, we will split the contest into different categories, with prizes for each.

Prizes
PlacePrize
First$30 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 6-month PFM ($35 value) for yourself or a friend.
Second$15 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 3-month PFM ($20 value) for yourself or a friend.
Third1-month PFM, or a BYC 2023 Calendar, or a size medium "Chillin With My Peeps" Unisex Tee, in black or blue.

BYC Store Gift Certificates, t-shirts, & calendars are available to winners in the United States. If the winners are outside the United States, they will be awarded the PFM instead.

It's easy to enter, just reply to this thread & attach (upload) a picture of your red, blue, or barred domestic poultry.

To increase your chances of winning, please read the rules before entering.

Rules:
  1. An entry is *one* picture of your red, blue, or barred domestic poultry.
  2. Other poultry are allowed in the picture, but the picture's star must be red, blue, or barred.
  3. Members may enter as many times as they want. Only one entry per post, please.
  4. All domestic poultry is allowed (chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, peafowl, guinea fowl, quail, pheasants, etc.).
  5. Images that have been resized might be disqualified if they are too small to judge.
  6. No screenshots, watermarks, date stamps, text, etc., on the picture. No collages.
  7. The picture needs to have been taken by you.
  8. You cannot use a photo that won an award in another BYC-sponsored contest.
  9. High-quality images are recommended. Basic editing, such as cropping and other subtle changes, are allowed.
  10. ALL pictures MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other image sites, personal websites, etc.
  11. Prizes are limited to one per person per contest.
  12. All BYC rules apply: Terms of Service (Rules)
  13. Entries will be accepted until February 19th, 2023, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
Photography tips from fellow BYC members:
2022 Red Winners
From Left to right, photos by: @nuthatched, @FarmerGirl1010, & @Isadora

2022 Blue Winners
From Left to right, photos by: @ahenchey, @ColtHandorf, & @MandaRae

2022 Red & Blue Winners
From Left to right, photos by: @Poultrybonkers, @HorseGirlAbby, & @TJChickens

2022 Red & Blue Pigeon Winners
From Left to right, photos by: @MeanCheek, @Liz Birdlover, @RoostersAreAwesome

2022 Barred Winners
From Left to right, photos by: @Floof, @Tami2, @3KillerBs, @Artichoke Lover, & @Bonkerelli

full

Now, for the moment you've all been waiting for! The judges have finished judging, and we have our winners!

There were so many awesome entries that we decided to split this contest into four categories, Red, Blue, Red & Blue, Barred, & Pigeons

Red Winners

@JustBabyMargo, @HopKat, & @Amer

First Place - @JustBabyMargo
Sherbert, the frizzled red bantam Cochin-
20F1DE33-614E-40F9-8151-E209CEEF7ABC.jpeg

Second Place - @HopKat
21 week old Penny laid her first egg this week!
Penny 21 weeks.jpg

Third Place - @Amer
Red
Wide Bukin but a different view
2D671540-A14F-4FF3-A91F-D571C716B35D.jpeg

Blue Winners
@Chicken poppy, @Poultrybonkers, & @Faraday40

First Place - @Chicken poppy
My gorgeous Blue Cochin hen, Emily.
EFE6D584-8E0A-4452-84D2-AA812F67BCA1.jpeg

Second Place - @Poultrybonkers
Entry 2 Blue
20230125_141011.jpg

Third Place - @Faraday40
BLUE
This is my favorite blue Orpington hen, Jewel. We thought she was a male because of her large size and red wattles as a chick. It turns out, she's just big loveable old hen. She has gone broody a few times, and yes, she can cover a lot of eggs/chicks.
blue orp.jpg

Red & Blue Winners
@cluckmecoop7, @mrskenmore, & @picklestheduck
First Place - @cluckmecoop7
Neo, a handsome Blue Copper Maran.
Blue/red category
A8D08E1F-B422-40A3-931A-BF8B9E4E1BD4.jpeg

Second Place - @mrskenmore
Penny Marshall ❤️ my blue laced red wyandotte
20221114_163245.jpg

Third Place - @picklestheduck
Here is Zip, my little big cockerel, the first bird I ever hatched on my own. 🥰 He’s a very sweet boy. This morning he came out of the coop just to “dance” for me. 😂 I’ve had my share of aggressive roosters, but this isn’t aggression this is him almost flirting 😂🤦‍♀️ anyways he’s a sweet guy who is very respectful to the hens etc
FD571C47-FD1A-40B4-A31E-2F2C4539AE5F.jpeg

First Place - @QuailQueen75
Entry #2 Barred
104115EE-1CB6-43CA-8A5A-998A236BFA8D.jpeg

Second Place - @NorthwoodsChick
Frodo, barred.
056F3892-E5C8-4B42-ADCA-6CF01B0B11B5.jpeg

Third Place - @MysteryChicken
Entry #1.
My Heritage Plymouth Barred Rock Rooster for Barred.
20210909_142900.jpg

Pigeon Winner
@RoostersAreAwesome

First Place - @RoostersAreAwesome
919FE770-ACA7-41DD-BD23-B831EAFA2118.jpeg

Phantom, rescued blue check pigeon

@HopKat, @JustBabyMargo, @Amer, @Chicken poppy, @Poultrybonkers, @Faraday40, @QuailQueen75, @NorthwoodsChick, @MysteryChicken, @cluckmecoop7, @mrskenmore, @picklestheduck, & @RoostersAreAwesome, I will be sending you instructions on how to claim your prizes momentarily!
thank you.png

A HUGE THANK YOU to all who participated, this wouldn't have been possible without all of your entries!!!! :bow :clap

Great job everyone, this was so much fun!! :wee

~ Shout out to all of the judges that took the time to judge all of the contests. I know they were incredibly difficult to judge and I appreciate all of you! ~

And THANK YOU to our BYC Sponsors (click to view & support them)

🎉Congratulations! 🎉

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom