Ended 2023 Valentine's Day Contest Series—Wattle I Do Without You?

Here is my Rhode Island Red cockeral Nutmeg. I hatched him myself. He is about 11 weeks old. He hatched a week before his sisters and imprinted on people. He loves us, but we already have a rooster so he went to live with someone we know. My entire family loves him and misses him.
Screen Shot 2023-01-10 at 10.48.05 AM.png

This is Natasha or Nat. I named him before I even put his egg in the incubator, as a sort of token asking the chicken gods to please hatch a hen out of this egg. As we all know, the chicken gods are persnickety, and gave me a cockerel instead.
IMG_2673.jpg

He was raised as a lone chick, which normally I never do, especially when it becomes apparent they're male. However, he adjusted well to flock life but retained a bit of a cuddly streak, and he's become my favourite rooster out of the OEGB pen. He's four or five now and has secured his place as flock leader.

P1040333.JPG

This is Chicky-pie, an around two year old Light Sussex.
She was laying a lot of wonky eggs for a while, and I was thinking of culling her, but couldn't.
She is just too much of a character, and I love her for it. When she is preening herself, she makes the funniest little noises, like she is talking to herself.
And her eggs have fixed themselves for now.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom