Ended 2023 Valentine's Day Contest Series—Wattle I Do Without You?

This was my Wewe. She came from a barnyard mix of the four pullets I first hatched last year, and just passed a couple days ago. She was 7 months old. This picture was the last good one I have of her looking healthy, about two months ago. She was named after my closest cousin, whose name is Wendy, and whose granddaughter calls her Wewe. She was one of the least loving girls I have, but she was loved by me 🥰❤️
CCFA93DE-CF0D-46E7-B919-0D05E2926BD1.jpeg

My first favorite hen, my little Jumpy, was one that made me fall in love with Easter Eggers. She was simultaneously the sweetest and most annoying hen ever. She absolutely loved hugs, and would squawk at me impatiently until I gave her one. If I looked down and talked excitedly to her, she would pace back and forth, trying to jump up on my legs. If I dared to give someone else a cuddle, she would peck me until I gave in and hugged her. Sadly, I lost Jumpy to heatstroke in June of 2021. She was a fighter to the end, but it was too much for her. She's loved and missed.
IMG_4113.JPG

My first favorite hen, my little Jumpy, was one that made me fall in love with Easter Eggers. She was simultaneously the sweetest and most annoying hen ever. She absolutely loved hugs, and would squawk at me impatiently until I gave her one. If I looked down and talked excitedly to her, she would pace back and forth, trying to jump up on my legs. If I dared to give someone else a cuddle, she would peck me until I gave in and hugged her. Sadly, I lost Jumpy to heatstroke in June of 2021. She was a fighter to the end, but it was too much for her. She's loved and missed.
View attachment 3387012
I am so sorry you lost her. :hugs

Meet Munchkin, the sassiest, cutest, craziest, and funniest duck I’ve ever known. Munchkin is almost two years old now, and I’ve had her since she was a duckling. We bought her on impulse and didn’t have a clue of how to take care of them, but we learned quickly. Everyone in the family chose a duck as “theirs” even though I care for them, and I told everyone else to pick first, so I was left with Munchkin. Munchkin was a savage from the start, and didn’t seem to mind telling “those humans” how she felt. She bit and twisted pinches of skin and protested loudly when being touched or held. Fast forward almost two years and not much has changed, but she has come to trust me, and only me, a bit more. Munchkin and I fought a very long bumblefoot battle, and we still are trying to be careful since the skin gets irritated quickly, even though it has been surgically removed. She now wears a duck bootie almost full time. (The picture was taken before bumblefoot). Munchkin has come to trust me a bit after over a year of treatment. She will run to me for treats, but only me, and only if I’m alone. She isn’t fond of other people and gets skittish. Munchkin originally got her name from her nipping, and she still does it when she’s mad. 😂🤦‍♀️ She was most upset when I continued to take her back to the vet, and she would endlessly bite my arms. (I think it’s a nervous/trying to escape thing). She doesn't peck me unless she’s very upset after I’ve been holding her for a while messing with her foot. Munchkin always seems like she has something to say, and quacks through everything. Even though I’ve learned I probably won’t get more pekins due to leg issues because of their weight/build, I wouldn’t trade her for the world. She has taught me a lot, and I love her dearly.❤️
4FA7722D-FF1E-430E-8F4B-50127DFFA3AF.jpeg

This is Shelly, my little miracle. Shelly had the hardest delivery, which resulted in her trapped and bent up in a cup inside of her box. With tons of special attention for days, she went from unresponsive to mostly normal. After some time, Shelly’s beak started to cross, but that only expanded my love for her. She is a very special girl, and I truly don’t know what I would do without her.
5FE2988F-4FA7-4F50-B075-F87DE00C5B9E.jpeg
Shelly’s full story can be found here: The Shelly and Kevin Thread

Here I am with another post 😂 I could make a special post for each of my 36 birds, but im trying to narrow it down! 😂 This is Linda, the only female rhode island red I got out of a batch or four, after three extremely aggressive roosters, I’m no longer sure how I feel about the breed, but Linda had proven to be very very sweet and a faithful layer. I’m very grateful for her and love her soft little noises she makes out of contentment when I bring her little treats. Linda is a cat food addict and has been known to fly up onto the “cat shelf” and fight the cats off their food so she can have some. She is also one of the only chickens who will ALWAYS come running when I yell “ chick chick chick chick”. The others do only when they feel like it, but Linda comes, rain or shine. She’s a special girl.
34251BDC-AD8B-4ED6-9F43-B04E47E4CEFE.jpeg

View attachment 3387012
What a sweet face!!

Back
Top Bottom