Ended 2024 Valentine's Day Contest Series—Wattle I Do Without You?

Pics
This is Laverne, a 4-month-old salmon faverolle. She is my first faverolle to survive, they are all so fragile :(
She also follows me around like a puppy, except she loves to be held and petted. She doesn't really have any friends, but she and Poppy are making friends gradually

Screenshot 2024-02-14 12.11.56 PM.png

This is my favorite call duck Remi. She was one of the call girls given to me by a special lady i met here on byc through @WVduckchick and her thread Welcome to the pond. I also had the pleasure of meeting @WVduckchick and her hubby on that dux smuggling vacation. We had the best time and i will never forget it! 😍
20240206_142919.jpg

This is a RANDOM Winner Contest...

Do you have a favorite bird? Maybe she's extra friendly and comes running when she sees you, or she's the biggest character in the flock. Maybe she was a rescue chicken, or you hatched her yourself! Tell us about your favorite bird!

Prizes-TBD

It's easy to enter, just reply to this thread with up to four pictures of your favorite domestic poultry, and you will be entered for a chance to win!

To increase your chances of winning, please read the rules before entering.
Rules:
  1. Four entries per member. One entry per post, please.
  2. An entry is one picture of your domestic poultry and a blurb about why they hold a special place in your heart.
  3. All domestic poultry is allowed (chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, peafowl, guinea fowl, quail, pheasants, pigeons, doves, etc.).
  4. The photo needs to have been taken by you.
  5. You cannot use a photo that won an award in another BYC-sponsored contest.
  6. High-quality images are recommended. Basic editing, such as cropping and other subtle changes, are allowed.
  7. ALL photos MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other image sites, personal websites, etc.
  8. Prizes are limited to one per person per contest.
  9. All BYC rules apply: Terms of Service (Rules)
  10. Entries will be accepted until February 16th, 2024, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
Note: We will use a random number generator to select our winners for this Contest.

Photography tips from fellow BYC members:

331B9B3D-BD80-4C4C-A663-34C0EFB847FA.jpeg

Peep was my favorite little hen in the flock. ❤️
She’s a white EE with copper streaks, and I was the one she’d always go to for hugs. She had no problem being approached and picked up by me, hugged or sat down with for hours. She’d fall asleep sometimes after a long session of petting, as noticed in the pic above.
She was also always near the bottom of the pecking order, so she seeked more attention from me and I always delivered.
Sadly, she along with the rest of the flock had to be given away when we moved, but I’m happy to not have seen her die; now I can just assume she’s a live and happy wherever she is. ❤️

This is a RANDOM Winner Contest...

Do you have a favorite bird? Maybe she's extra friendly and comes running when she sees you, or she's the biggest character in the flock. Maybe she was a rescue chicken, or you hatched her yourself! Tell us about your favorite bird!

Prizes-TBD

It's easy to enter, just reply to this thread with up to four pictures of your favorite domestic poultry, and you will be entered for a chance to win!

To increase your chances of winning, please read the rules before entering.
Rules:
  1. Four entries per member. One entry per post, please.
  2. An entry is one picture of your domestic poultry and a blurb about why they hold a special place in your heart.
  3. All domestic poultry is allowed (chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, peafowl, guinea fowl, quail, pheasants, pigeons, doves, etc.).
  4. The photo needs to have been taken by you.
  5. You cannot use a photo that won an award in another BYC-sponsored contest.
  6. High-quality images are recommended. Basic editing, such as cropping and other subtle changes, are allowed.
  7. ALL photos MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other image sites, personal websites, etc.
  8. Prizes are limited to one per person per contest.
  9. All BYC rules apply: Terms of Service (Rules)
  10. Entries will be accepted until February 16th, 2024, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
Note: We will use a random number generator to select our winners for this Contest.

Photography tips from fellow BYC members:

048241BF-E13B-4C26-B00A-6C6BBF78446D.jpeg

Twinky was one of my favorite hens before she sadly died.
She was a BO and lived a happy and healthy eight years before she passed away, but I loved to sit and pet her for however long she’d stand me. She always got jealous when I held another chicken. 😅

This is my Bear. He hatched and was almost double the size of the other chicks and SOOO fluffy. He was and still is adorable. He has a great personality too! He enjoys coming in the house in the evenings and sitting on my bf's lap and watches TV with us. He always alerts us if he sees a bird on the screen. lol
He is a very special boy indeed.
20231003_180140.jpg

Back
Top Bottom