-22F last night and got 9 eggs from 10 hens today!

Pics
I tried leche flan once (had a lot of Filipino friends during college) - SO rich! One spoonful felt like the equivalent of an entire bowl of custard. It doesn't surprise me that it would use up that many yolks, but definitely a good way to use up eggs if you like super decadent desserts.

Leche flan is definitely a super decadent dessert. It's really too rich for me to eat on any regular basis. But I can eat custard everyday.

Dear Wife has enjoyed making Leche flan with all our excess eggs and getting back to her native cuisine roots at the same time. It's a win-win.

I tried leche flan once (had a lot of Filipino friends during college) - SO rich! One spoonful felt like the equivalent of an entire bowl of custard. It doesn't surprise me that it would use up that many yolks, but definitely a good way to use up eggs if you like super decadent desserts.
Does it taste like creme brulee? That's what I'm imagining, but with the texture of custard.

Does it taste like creme brulee? That's what I'm imagining, but with the texture of custard.

Have you had regular flan before? It's basically a super sweet, rich take on flan, caramel layer/sauce and all. Sweetened condensed milk gives it

If you haven't had flan, then imagine a much much richer creme brulee without the torched crispy top, and a thin layer of caramel instead.

Have you had regular flan before? It's basically a super sweet, rich take on flan, caramel layer/sauce and all. Sweetened condensed milk gives it

If you haven't had flan, then imagine a much much richer creme brulee without the torched crispy top, and a thin layer of caramel instead.
I make both flan and creme brulee. My creme brulee is much richer than any flan recipe I've made, and uses more eggs. I'll have to look up the leche flan and make it. Only way to know what it tastes like, I guess. Sounds good.

Back
Top Bottom