24+ Cream Legbar Hatching Eggs $100 Shipped

Yes...We are still selling hatching eggs.

Here are some up-dates of this year's breeding pens.

This is "Pen A" with four hens that range from 2-5 years old and a 10 months old cockerel.
Pen A - Hens.jpg

This is "Pen B' with three 10-month-old pullets and a three-year-old cock.

Pen B - Pullets.PNG

We also have a "Pen C" set up with a 10-month-old pullet and a 3-year-old cock. The pullet in Pen C is from another breeder's bloodline and not related to any other Legbars on our property.

Last edited:
Gary Dean,
You have very nice birds, I have been admiring them for several years now. I have two Crested Cream Legbars roosters that I do not know about wing carriage. All my other roosters carry their wings more parallel with their body. They are Black Copper. The two Legbar roosters hold their wings at about 45 degrees. Could you post pic of you rooster in pen A with a side view so I could compare wing carriage. Thank You Tom

Tom,

This is my cock in Pen "A". He is mid-stride in his walk so his wings look a little more angled downward than if he were leaning more forward but the bottom line of his wind is parallel with the line of his back. That is about as low as would be ideal.
No 4 (II).jpg

This is one that was lost to predators (for comparison). His wing is a lot better than the one in Pen A (of course he is leaning forward so that helps him). The one in Pen A was retained because test mating three other cockerels for the Recessive White gene, he was the only one to come up negative for it. So, he is not perfect but we are using him to breed the white gene out of the Cream lines. One thing at a time, right? :)

IMG_3057.JPG

Last edited:
Tom,

This is my cock in Pen "A". He is mid-stride in his walk so his wings look a little more angled downward than if he were learnng more foreward but the bottom line of his wind is parallel with the line of his back. That is about as low as would be ideal.
View attachment 2112871

His is one that was lost to predators (for comparison). His wing is a lot better than the one in Pen A (of course he is leaning forward so that helps him). The one in Pen A was retained because test mating three other cockerels for the Recessive gene he was the first one to come up negative for it. So, he is not perfect but we are using him to breed the white gene out fo the Cream lines. One thing at a time, right? :)

View attachment 2112884
Thank you for your quick reply. I would think the cock in the cage wing carriage is correct? My two cock birds wing hang to the thigh, thought maybe a genetic trait. May not breed out?? TOM

Back
Top Bottom