24 weeks and no eggs?

29 weeks EE and no eggs! My other EE laid at 20 weeks. She seems to be hanging at the coop more, maybe more harrassment from the boys....? Maybe eggs soon? I wait on bated breath...Come on Violet!
Glad I'm not the only one! My girls are now at 28 weeks with no eggs. We even thinned out our bunch (9 hens in not enough space) a couple days ago, and will be moving them to a nicer coop once the roof is on. Hoping that moves things along; at the moment they are NOT earning their keep!! :)

Glad I'm not the only one! My girls are now at 28 weeks with no eggs. We even thinned out our bunch (9 hens in not enough space) a couple days ago, and will be moving them to a nicer coop once the roof is on. Hoping that moves things along; at the moment they are NOT earning their keep!! :)
I've got 5 out of the 6 laying and Miss Violet is making me question her gender! Ha. Once that first egg comes you'll be so ecstatic...I mean it was like somebody dropped a corvette in the driveway--that first egg! Hahahaha.
wee.gif

I've got 5 out of the 6 laying and Miss Violet is making me question her gender! Ha. Once that first egg comes you'll be so ecstatic...I mean it was like somebody dropped a corvette in the driveway--that first egg! Hahahaha.
wee.gif
I totally understand the questioning the gender!!! lol I've said that out loud. I can't wait to see it!!

wee.gif
And wouldn't you know it - I went out just a bit ago to feed them and found 3 pearly white eggs in the corner of their coop!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!

And wouldn't you know it - I went out just a bit ago to feed them and found 3 pearly white eggs in the corner of their coop!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!
Ohhhh Myyyyyy Gosh....LoOk at your girls go! What a neat surprise! It's like Christmas everyday from here on out! congratS! Pretty Sure Violet laid a rubber egg yesterday in the driveway. Nothing yet today...But the day is still young.

Ohhhh Myyyyyy Gosh....LoOk at your girls go! What a neat surprise! It's like Christmas everyday from here on out! congratS! Pretty Sure Violet laid a rubber egg yesterday in the driveway. Nothing yet today...But the day is still young.
Thanks. :) And oddly enough, I think all of it so far is just my one leghorn (and one more this morning; have to check again at dinnertime, she's been in and out of the coop nesting all afternoon). Not sure the other girls are doing anything yet. Rubber egg...lol.

And yes, what's amazing to me so far is that this will be EVERY. DAY. That's so coooool. :)

My BO started to squat at 24 weeks and laid her first egg at 25 weeks. I have 4 other hens who have yet to lay (all the same age). I thought for sure my RIR would have started to lay by now! I'm starting to get really impatient, but it's fun to go outside each day to find the lone egg.

30 weeks old today and Nada from Miss Violet... Tick tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock
My girls were 29 weeks on Monday, and still the only eggs I'm getting (so far as I can tell; they all look exactly alike) are from Rachel, the white leghorn. My RI Red and Ameraucana are being MIIIIGHTY lazy. Start earning your keep, ladies...

Back
Top Bottom