25 Days of Christmas 2020.....Traditions, Movies, and More

What day did your Christmas tree go up??

• Before Thanksgiving

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • Thanksgiving weekend

Votes: 34 39.5%
  • First week of December

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • Christmas Eve

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • With Rum

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • I leave it up year round

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I don’t put up a tree

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Whenever the funk I get around to it

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • Orthodox 12 days of Christmas

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Other..explained in comments

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
One brother comes up one time a year in October to get canned goods from the garden and honey from the hives.
Ah gotcha. I thought you only had one brother and that he lived fairly close.
Ive been wanting to keep bees for years but never got started in it. Just ran across Ralphies bee keeping thread. Sounds expensive. Thats also what I hear from my neighbors who keep them. Although I havent really pegged down the expense. I know set up is always expensive unless you’re getting it used, but then what? I cant figure out why its expensive. Kinda like chickens and fish. :lau

Ah gotcha. I thought you only had one brother and that he lived fairly close.
Ive been wanting to keep bees for years but never got started in it. Just ran across Ralphie's bee keeping thread. Sounds expensive. That's also what I hear from my neighbors who keep them. Although I haven't really pegged down the expense. I know set up is always expensive unless you’re getting it used, but then what? I cant figure out why its expensive. Kinda like chickens and fish. :lau
The initial cost of getting started can be expensive unless you live in an area where second hand equipment can be found for sale. The cost of the bees to get started can also be expensive unless you live in an area where you can capture a swarm from someone else's hive.

You live in an area where both second hand equipment and free swarms should be available. You also live in an area where keeping bees alive through the winter should not be anywhere near as much of a problem as it is here or where Ralphie lives.

The longer that you put off getting started, the longer it will be before you can enjoy the fruits of their labor.

The initial cost of getting started can be expensive unless you live in an area where second hand equipment can be found for sale. The cost of the bees to get started can also be expensive unless you live in an area where you can capture a swarm from someone else's hive.

You live in an area where both second hand equipment and free swarms should be available. You also live in an area where keeping bees alive through the winter should not be anywhere near as much of a problem as it is here or where Ralphie lives.

The longer that you put off getting started, the longer it will be before you can enjoy the fruits of their labor.
People here are stingy. They only sell you used stuff if they know you or if there is some other very close connection like you know their sibling or parent. At least so it seems. Either way I am definitely not in anyone’s loop. I do have Klines Honey Bee farm that I can bug about stuff. One other major issue, i think, is that there are two families that have hives within a half mile of me and most people only plant greenery instead of flowering plants. Id be concerned that there wont be enough food.
Do you see the larva at any time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom