25 Days of Christmas 2020.....Traditions, Movies, and More

What day did your Christmas tree go up??

• Before Thanksgiving

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • Thanksgiving weekend

Votes: 34 39.5%
  • First week of December

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • Christmas Eve

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • With Rum

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • I leave it up year round

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I don’t put up a tree

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Whenever the funk I get around to it

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • Orthodox 12 days of Christmas

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Other..explained in comments

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
People here are stingy. They only sell you used stuff if they know you or if there is some other very close connection like you know their sibling or parent. At least so it seems. Either way I am definitely not in anyone’s loop. I do have Klines Honey Bee farm that I can bug about stuff. One other major issue, i think, is that there are two families that have hives within a half mile of me and most people only plant greenery instead of flowering plants. I'd be concerned that there won't be enough food.
Do you see the larva at any time?
The only time you can see honeybee larva is if you inspect the inside of the hive. Only live adult honeybees will be found outside of a hive.

You need to check your state laws. Here, a State permit is required to have honeybees. If you are getting a commercial license, a situation like yours would probably not receive a permit because of encroaching on the neighboring apiaries.

Here they also have a Hobbyist permit which is free and allows the permittee to have up to five hives. The Hobbyist permit also does not run into the protection problems of the commercial permit.

Deer hunters:

Your daily update is due.

Surprisingly, I have no deer to report. Nice still overcast day and no sign of deer.

However, I can report major Coyote and wolf movements. From 0430 until 0600 hours there was extremely howling and yipping north of me at an estimated distance of 1,000 yards. The howling and yipping ended promptly at 0600 hours.

Just before sunrise or 0730 hours, the howling started again from about 1 to 1 1/2 miles south of me in the swamp. I am thinking these canine might be interfering with my success. The deer might be afraid to move due to wolf and coyote activity, I know I am not taking an unarmed stroll through the swamp.

Here is the Google view. I am sitting where the red smudge is, waiting for Dasher, Prancer or Blitzen to mosey on by, so I can enact revenge on them for slighting Rudolph.

The black is where the canines most likely crossed the road. The blue is where they sound to be now.

437692A1-0EE9-4E24-886E-79A3992A83A1.jpeg

The picture below shows where I am at a larger scale. Me red again on the south west tip of my pasture.
F6065C79-AB3E-4109-AA07-C4D84DD6ABDC.jpeg

The Blue line is the approximate border between my current land and my ancestral hunting grounds which were taken from us by the White mans government. The yellow is where I want to be hunting, but cannot because it is now federal goose refuge.

Looks like a place I would hang out if I was a goose, lots of grain to eat and no where for predators to hide and ambush me. And it’s only a short 150 mile flight to a southbound flyway.

Deer hunters:

Surprisingly, I have no deer to report. Nice still overcast day and no sign of deer.

However, I can report major Coyote and wolf movements. From 0430 until 0600 hours there was extremely howling and yipping north of me at an estimated distance of 1,000 yards. The howling and yipping ended promptly at 0600 hours.

Just before sunrise or 0730 hours, the howling started again from about 1 to 1 1/2 miles south of me in the swamp. I am thinking these canine might be interfering with my success. The deer might be afraid to move due to wolf and coyote activity, I know I am not taking an unarmed stroll through the swamp.

Here is the Google view. I am sitting where the red smudge is, waiting for Dasher, Prancer or Blitzen to mosey on by, so I can enact revenge on them for slighting Rudolph.

The black is where the canines most likely crossed the road. The blue is where they sound to be now.

View attachment 2438624

The picture below shows where I am at a larger scale. Me red again on the south west tip of my pasture.
View attachment 2438634
The Blue line is the approximate border between my current land and my ancestral hunting grounds which were taken from us by the White mans government. The yellow is where I want to be hunting, but cannot because it is now federal goose refuge.

Looks like a place I would hang out if I was a goose, lots of grain to eat and no where for predators to hide and ambush me. And it’s only a short 150 mile flight to a southbound flyway.
Good Morning.....:fl for you!! mr muddy just asked why I wasn’t out this morning:th
we have coyotes here but they don’t seem to be a huge problem in the area that we hunt. a few surrounding properties keep donkeys. we saw one coyote and one fox last year and sign of a bobcat but no similar sightings nor sign this year.
i cannot imagine wolves and coyotes 😵 especially with my “irrational” fear

Deer hunters:

View attachment 2438624

View attachment 2438634

Would it make any sense for you to try and get that land back? Seriously. Theres a good bit of that mind set going on right now. It wouldnt hurt to try.

Would it make any sense for you to try and get that land back? Seriously. Theres a good bit of that mind set going on right now. It wouldnt hurt to try.
It would be impossible, I dream of it, my brothers dream of it. But the government is never going to let us have it back. They took it and plan to keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom