284 birds down... night before a market...

Wow, too bad I don't live closer, I'd have happily helped you guys out for a beer and a chicken or maybe a dozen eggs! Good work, those are some very appetizing looking birds.
droolin.gif

You know that is so funny because so many of our friends com over to help for just beer and food! LOL... especially during the summer months when after we are done working we just have a bonfire.

We have 400 hens.... those eggs weren't form one day but a couple of weeks. I have to save up for the market as it's once a month.

Looks like fun.

You need some egg boxes for those flats. They make that many eggs much easier to handle and you can stack the boxes much higher than you can the stack single flats.

Ya, I need to buy some. All of those eggs were put into single cartons which really made for a long night.

It was horrible, they do so much better outside in tractors. Happy birds, when they are outside in the sunshine.... honestly I will never do it again. I will raise more in September and freeze them to sell in the winter. There is something to be said about that sweet fall pasture that makes everything so much easier.

Things are meant to be seasonal even a farmer needs his break.

However my numbers were good and my feed intake was great... 284 birds out of 300 so not a bad loss. Usually I sit at about 8-10 percent.

Jeff That awesome! What a great set-up you got!

Is that a pink- Carhart Jacket? Please say yes? (Got my fingers crossed) I so want one!
Ps... You are so lucky to have such a great lady up all night helping you! Can't say I would look quite so happy about it
wink.png

Yes that is a pink CarHartt Jacket... LoL... if it wasn't pink she probably wouldn't have been wearing it. Like I said... complete city girl....

Back
Top Bottom