2nd Annual Rocky Mountain Chickenstock May 4, 2013

Dang it.. had a long reply typed and lost it... here we go for try #2..

Sorry I haven't gotten more information posted here and on the website.. It has been a hectic month!! I was gone for a week the first of the month and have been madly playing catch up since...

For those new to Chickenstock, this is the 2nd year we have held the event. Last year we had around 300 in attendance, 3 breeders, standing room only in the classes held and no show.

This year we are planning for 500 to attend, will hold the classes, are adding a show, and hope to have at least a dozen breeders with birds to sell.

I am trying to work out the logistics for the show.. I have the judges lined up and the space. You will need to bring your own cages. Still working on entry fees and prizes.

I plan to have everything ironed out this weekend and will post on this thread and on the website www.rockymountainchickenstock.com all the details for showing, selling, etc.

Stay tuned!!!

Dang it.. had a long reply typed and lost it... here we go for try #2..

Sorry I haven't gotten more information posted here and on the website.. It has been a hectic month!! I was gone for a week the first of the month and have been madly playing catch up since...

For those new to Chickenstock, this is the 2nd year we have held the event. Last year we had around 300 in attendance, 3 breeders, standing room only in the classes held and no show.

This year we are planning for 500 to attend, will hold the classes, are adding a show, and hope to have at least a dozen breeders with birds to sell.

I am trying to work out the logistics for the show.. I have the judges lined up and the space. You will need to bring your own cages. Still working on entry fees and prizes.

I plan to have everything ironed out this weekend and will post on this thread and on the website www.rockymountainchickenstock.com all the details for showing, selling, etc.

Stay tuned!!!
Yeah!!!
yippiechickie.gif

ok witch kind of cages are you saying we would need to bring??? cause the only sort of cage i would be able to bring would be the animal carriers??? or a big dog kennel cage.. i'm really hoping to show i have put in my request to get that weekend off and thank you Birdguy for posting gona try to keep an eye out on exactly all i need to do so i am able to come up for the show and hopefully show a few of my babies

Last year there were some birds in crates... I think as long as people can see them... I will have to have some of mine in crates and some in cages, just for lack of having anything else... I am not planning on showing though, just selling...

ahh ok, yeah i'll probly swing by a thrift store see if i can find like a wire rabbit cage or something to take them in.. i would sell as my mom would say i probly should try to sell some of them cause i have 17 chickens and only allowed 6 in the city but shhhhhh nobody knows i think hahahaha.. i may bring one of my Cochin's cause i think its a rooster.. its about 4-5 weeks old and its crown is starting to get pritty big... so i may sell him but i want to show thats for sure untill i can start my hatching then i'll start sellin then so looks like i got the weekend off so cant wait to meet up and make some new chicken crazies at Chicken stalk WOOOOOH!

Ok... after much deliberation.... I have decided that there will be no charge this year to enter the show or to bring birds to sell.... unless you don't pre-register!! I will accept donations from exhibitors (or attendees) to help offset event costs. Whatever you feel you can contribute would be great.

Instructions:

To Show: If you would like to show, Please send a pm to me and tell me what you are bringing to show.. Age, breed, exhibitors name, width of cage. I will make up a tag so that when you get there you will be able to find your spot.. I will try to group by type but we'll see....

To Sell: Please post on this thread what you are bringing to sell... list ages, breeds, etc.. Please pm me if you will need power for heat lamps.. You will need to bring an extension cord but I will get you as close to power as I can...

I will go by the barn at the fairgrounds tomorrow and get some pictures of the areas where the show and for sale will be so that you can see what you have to work with..

I will be bringing the following to sell at Chickenstock:

3-10 days old chicks: Blue Wheaten Ameracaunas, Icelandics, & Sexlinks
3-10 days old turkey poults: Black Spanish, Penciled Palms & Narragansetts
3-10 days old ducklings: Anconas

Hatching eggs: Icelandics, Sexlinks, BW Ameracaunas, turkeys, Anconas

I am not sure on the sexes yet (they are straight runs I bought from the feed store) But I will have a few cochin and 1 or 2 mystery chicks to sell they will be 2 months old at Chicken Stock. Hopefully I will be able to make it up there.

So we have some exciting news for Chickenstock!! We are going to be training poultry judges too! Anyone that is interested in becoming a certified poultry judge, click on the link on website to email Lance your information. www.rockymountainchickenstock.com under classes.

I also have the schedule, showing details and breeders updated. Those of you who are planning to come with birds to sell.. I will put you on the breeder page, (can include a link to your website if you have one) I just need you to pm me with a list of what you plan on bringing.

There will be no charge this year to sell at the event, or to be listed/linked on the breeder page. If you feel inclined to make a donation to help offset event expenses.. that would be very appreciated!

32 days and counting!! Better get those eggs in the bator soon so you have lots of chicks to bring!!

Back
Top Bottom